Week One Game Week Thread (Interviews, Press Conferences, Practice Reports)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Depth chart released

Hump has been playing well in fall camp.. it was all over twitter... nothing suprising there.. I'm more suprised with the news that Cam Sims may play this weekend...

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Hump has been playing well in fall camp.. it was all over twitter... nothing suprising there.. I'm more suprised with the news that Cam Sims may play this weekend...
That was probably the biggest revelation for me in this press conference. When he went down in the spring I thought he was done for the year...and with an ACL tear, so did everybody else. To hear they are considering having him contribute to start the season is absolutely a surprise.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Tidbits from the players' interviews:

Alabama center Ryan Kelly said true freshman Damien Harris reminds him of Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson. "A big guy who can run fast."
O.J. Howard on true freshman Minkah Fitzpatrick: "He's a ball hawk. He's a baller."
LB Reggie Ragland says Daron Payne is a man-child! Payne has improved his work ethic
Reggie Ragland jokes about changing positions: "Hey, I'll play quarterback if they need me to."

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Tidbits from the players' interviews:

Alabama center Ryan Kelly said true freshman Damien Harris reminds him of Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson. "A big guy who can run fast."

That's an Alabama specialty. Nick Saban ought to release a cookbook on how to make a running back. "First you take a half-a-cup of determination, aight?....etc"

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

D.J. Pettway and Da'Shawn Hand are 3rd string DEs. That seems to be just scary depth.
3rd in the base 3-4 alignment, but when we switch to the 4 man front Pettway will probably see a lot of reps. He's better in that alignment than the 3 man front.

It is scary depth though - J Allen is second team, and there's a good chance that if he has a good year he will get drafted.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
How many guys do we normally take with us to these neutral site games? I know you are limited in how many you take to an away game, but wasn't sure about the neutral ones and if they are seen more like bowl games in that regard.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Kenyan Drake and Ardarius Stewart on kick-off return is plain scary for opponents. I see great field position and taking some to the house out of these two. Cyrus at punt returner will be very exciting also. Game week is right!!!!!

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Didn't exhale while watching the presser until I heard - or, better yet, didn't hear - Rashaan Evans' name...

RTR

Last edited:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Gosh, after watching that press conference and looking back at everything CNS has said, who knows what we'll do at QB!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
How many guys do we normally take with us to these neutral site games? I know you are limited in how many you take to an away game, but wasn't sure about the neutral ones and if they are seen more like bowl games in that regard.
IIRC, all scholarship players go. Not positive about the walk-on's.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I don't know about you guys but I'm not at ease with our 2 Best WR's (ArDarius & Drake) and #1 experienced CB (Cy Jones) returning kicks. We don't need to risk any of those 3 getting hurt on Special Teams.

Surely we have guys lower on the overall team depth chart that could fill those rolls. Maybe I'm being overly nervous/cautious....but yeah it makes me uneasy.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I don't know about you guys but I'm not at ease with our 2 Best WR's (ArDarius & Drake) and #1 experienced CB (Cy Jones) returning kicks. We don't need to risk any of those 3 getting hurt on Special Teams.

Surely we have guys lower on the overall team depth chart that could fill those rolls. Maybe I'm being overly nervous/cautious....but yeah it makes me uneasy.

IDK...we have always had important people as returners. Javier, Maze, Richardson,Christion Jones and wasn't Julio a returner at one point?

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
I think you put your best players on the field. If one gets hurt... Then you put your best players on the field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.