Week One Game Week Thread (Interviews, Press Conferences, Practice Reports)

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I don't know about you guys but I'm not at ease with our 2 Best WR's (ArDarius & Drake) and #1 experienced CB (Cy Jones) returning kicks. We don't need to risk any of those 3 getting hurt on Special Teams.

Surely we have guys lower on the overall team depth chart that could fill those rolls. Maybe I'm being overly nervous/cautious....but yeah it makes me uneasy.
you play to win the game

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
I don't know about you guys but I'm not at ease with our 2 Best WR's (ArDarius & Drake) and #1 experienced CB (Cy Jones) returning kicks. We don't need to risk any of those 3 getting hurt on Special Teams.

Surely we have guys lower on the overall team depth chart that could fill those rolls. Maybe I'm being overly nervous/cautious....but yeah it makes me uneasy.

Yeah I'm with you, I'm not really at ease with some of our best players returning punts and kicks. It would be interesting to see Marlon Humph back there after seeing the ability he had for returning kicks at Hoover. However I'm sure we'll work with different players back there and see how they work out. Tony Brown and Mullaney come to mind as exciting prospects on KR/PR

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yeah I'm with you, I'm not really at ease with some of our best players returning punts and kicks. It would be interesting to see Marlon Humph back there after seeing the ability he had for returning kicks at Hoover. However I'm sure we'll work with different players back there and see how they work out. Tony Brown and Mullaney come to mind as exciting prospects on KR/PR
He's the starting CB opposite of Cyrus. IF you don't want to risk Cyrus getting injured why risk Marlon?

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
He's the starting CB opposite of Cyrus. IF you don't want to risk Cyrus getting injured why risk Marlon?
I meant it as if we're going to use our 1st string as KR and PR anyway then seeing Marlon back there after seeing him return punts at Hoover would be fun to watch.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Re: First Depth Chart Reactions

The QB position on the depth chart had 4 OR's. I'm not sure how to react. However, I'll bet Coach Saban already knows which OR will start.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Re: First Depth Chart Reactions

The QB position on the depth chart had 4 OR's. I'm not sure how to react. However, I'll bet Coach Saban already knows which OR will start.
QB: Jake Coker OR Cooper Bateman OR Alec Morris OR Blake Barnett OR David Cornwell OR Eli Gold OR The Guy Selling Hotdogs

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Its part of the game. We put our best players on the field. Let them play. We can't keep them on the shelves out of concern for injuries...

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Surprises / observations
-Daron Payne already pushing for on-field time at NG. Bodes well for the future.
- What is the injury making Kirven questionable at LT?
- If Cam Sims is even being considered for playing time at WR, maybe Scarbrough can help us at RB after
his suspension is lifted
- Would love to see Dakota Ball with a good catch and run early for a confidence builder and a reward to him for making the position move from DL.
- loved the comments on Harris at RB.
- Please stay healthy Cam Rob! :)
- Reuben Foster is gonna light someone up . . With great form!
- Ronnie Clark not in top 3 at RB . . . Hope this fellow finds playing time for his team-first contributions.

Last edited:

Charleston

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 4, 2015
Surprises / observations
-Daron Payne already pushing for on-field time at NG. Bodes well for the future.
- What is the injury making Kirven questionable at LT?
- If Cam Sims is even being considered for playing time at WR, maybe Scarbrough can help us at RB after
his suspension is lifted
- Would love to see Dakota Ball with a good catch and run early for a confidence builder and a reward to him for making the position move from DL.
- loved the comments on Harris at RB
- Please stay healthy Cam Rob! :)
- Reuben Foster is gonna light someone up . . With great form!
Agree with all of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
Am I reading too much into OJ being listed at TE/H? I'm thinking that could mean that Kiffen plans to get him some work in the slot or outside the traditional TE role. Cool?

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
Think about this... Morris got tons of love last week while Bateman got the most passing attempts in the scrimmage. Now the talk is about how fast and athletic Bateman is and he's listed second. Just a theory but I'm thinking Coker starts and gets through the high emotional first quarter then we see Bateman come in. Fast/Athletic means Sims 2.0. Dust off the game plans from last year, rinse, repeat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.