Week One Game Week Thread (Interviews, Press Conferences, Practice Reports)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: Depth chart released

If Alabama has to depend on a QB to win either of the first two games, it's going to be a long season IMO. By game three it should be a non-issue.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Don't think you need to base your opinion on QB's on reports of the short viewing period. We will have a very competent QB on the field this year as we always do.
People get so worked up over all the talking heads and beat writers comments....Geez.

Coach Saban is not concerned, he just has not told anyone outside of the football team who the ball is going to! And like a lot of teams, you got to see how a player reacts when the lights are on, and that includes every player on the team. Just ask Allen Iverson about practice....LOL! Shaun Alexander was probably one of the worse practice players in recent memory, but he sure lit it up on Saturday. Eli Gold (insider talking head)said he was not worried one bit about the QB position......and neither am I.

Will players make mistakes?.....yes, but even the most seasoned veteran will make mistakes at times. The thing is, don't continue to make the same mistake. And hope that mistake is not the turning point of a win/loss.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Don't think you need to base your opinion on QB's on reports of the short viewing period. We will have a very competent QB on the field this year as we always do.
You're right, of course, except the inconsistency cited has been a hallmark of fall practice, according to our very own coach. We're getting a little close to kickoff for it to continue.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I'm just kinda done with preseason worrying about QB because it has been egg in my face every time.

"Is Greg McElroy just a hold over until Star Jackson gets experience?"

"How can we compete for a title when we can't even decide between Phillip or AJ?"

"Coker doesn't seem to be taking over the team and Blake Sims looked terrible in the Spring game, we're doomed!"

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I'm more interested in seeing how our OL performs than who is QB. If those guys dominate, won't really matter who the QB is.
Wholeheartedly agree. If the OL is closer to the 2008-2012 units then we have a heckuva lot more wiggle room with what is required from the QB. In the big games, the QB is gonna have to play well regardless...but a dominant OL can change the tenor of what "playing well" looks like. Like that 2008 UGA game, Wilson played the best game of his career but it was still only 13/16, 205 yards, 1 TD.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

You're right, of course, except the inconsistency cited has been a hallmark of fall practice, according to our very own coach. We're getting a little close to kickoff for it to continue.
I have not heard Coach Saban say that in the last 10 days or so and a guy with a tape recorder in his hand telling us some QB's missed a receiver during a viewing period drill should not make you concerned unless you want to be concerned.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

I have not heard Coach Saban say that in the last 10 days or so and a guy with a tape recorder in his hand telling us some QB's missed a receiver during a viewing period drill should not make you concerned unless you want to be concerned.
Of course, I choose to be concerned ... seeing that ​We're doomed!!!

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Why wouldn't you, what with this being Saban's last year and all! ;)
Interesting comment in Jess' 10 last thoughts that sums up my QB neurosis pretty well.

That means either the subterfuge has been unnecessary, or they literally don't have a starter yet, and if that's the case, I don't want to know.

Good or bad, somebody has to run on the field Saturday night, and that in itself will provide some relief. Let's get stawted.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.