Week One Game Week Thread (Interviews, Press Conferences, Practice Reports)

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Badger's breakdown of the team with links by position and coach's info.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2015/8/31/9230311/wisconsin-football-news-alabama-crimson-tide

But for us Wisconsin fans, game week starts now, with the long-awaited season opener coming this Saturday against Alabama in Texas. To get us started right, we're bringing Badger Bits back on hopefully a daily basis. We know things were slow at times over the offseason, so we thank you for sticking around and still coming by to read and chat Badgers.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Depth chart released

Saban: Now is the time to establish an identity of being a dangerous team.
Saban calls Wisconsin "one of the best defensive teams in the country,"
Saban:
Paul Chryst has always been able to create variety on offense and has some pro background
Saban: Two players back at practice this week are Parker Barrineau and Korren Kirven.
Saban: Two players may be out: WR Parker Barrineau and LT Korren Kirven. Both are wait and see.
Saban: "I've been really pleased with all three of the quarterbacks who have taken reps in practice."
Saban on QBs this week: Each day a different QB (Jake Coker, Alec Morris, Cooper Bateman) will get a chance to run practice as the starter.
Saban: Richard Mullaney has been a nice addition with the consistency he's brought.
At WR, Saban likes grad transfer's Richard Mullaney's "consistency and great hands." Also says ArDarius Stewart, Robert Foster stood out.
Saban says the team will make a call later this week on whether or not Cam Sims (knee) will play this game.
Saban says Calvin Ridley and Daylon Charlot need to continue to develop at WR to the point where they don't play like freshmen.
Saban: Marlon Humphrey has done a really really good job this fall camp. He's worked hard to improve.
Saban: Minkah Fitzpatrick will play more star in this game, and not necessarily corner. Said he understands the defense well.
Saban: For defense we have looked at both Wisconsin and Pittsburgh game tape to prepare.
Saban on Adam Griffith: As anyone who's had a back issue can attest, it's an issue that never really just goes away.
Saban: Giving all three QB reps has not been difficult to manage. I'm confident in all the guys..that they can play well in this game.
Saban on QBs: I'm confident in all the guys. I'd like to see someone win the team over, which might happen in a game.
Saban: Damien Harris has done a good enough job for us to have confidence in him to have a role in this game.
Saban on Damien Harris: "We have confidence he can go out and have a role and play for us. He's shown a lot of toughness. He's a bright guy"
Saban on Daron Payne: He's a very good player, very quick. Can play with power. The team is pleased with his progress so far.
More Saban on Daron Payne: He can help us as an inside player. We've been giving him a lot of reps in practice.
Saban: Biggest question I have about this team, is dynamics of Alabama football has changed. I want to get back to what he used to be.

Last edited:

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001

Sorry, didn't realize there was a week one thread where everything went... kind of weird, but whatever.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006

D.J. Pettway and Da'Shawn Hand are 3rd string DEs. That seems to be just scary depth.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.