Full season SEC picks for all teams!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Each year I use the helmet schedule and pick every game for every SEC team. I have had some seasons where I am remarkably close, and some seasons I miss on a few teams. Either way, it is one of my pre-season rituals. Please add your picks, too, if you have picked all the games for the entire year.
EAST-
Florida 4-8, 1-7 (wins over NMS, EC, Vandy, FAU)
UGA 10-2, 6-2 (losses to UA and AU) East champion
Kentucky 7-5, 3-5 (losses to SC, AU, MSU, UT, UGA)
Missouri 8-4, 4-4 (losses- UK, UGA, UT, Ark)
South Carolina 6-6, 3-5 (L- UGA, Mizz, LSU, TAM, UT, Clemson)
UT 8-4, 5-3 (L- OU, Ark, UGA, UA)
Vandy 2-10, 0-8 (wins- WKU maybe, Austin Peay)

WEST-
Alabama 11-1, 7-1 (L- TAM- Hard to imagine that big a turnaround, I know, but schedule is bad in October.) West Champ and SEC Champ
Arkansas 9-3, 5-3 (L- UA, OM, LSU)
AU 9-3, 5-3 (L- LSU, ARK, UA)
LSU 8-4, 4-4 (L- MSU, UA, OM, TAM)
MSU 6-6, 2-6 (L- AU, TAM, Mizz, UA, ARK, OM- really bad November for the Bullies)
Ole Miss 10-2, 6-2 (L- UA, AU) I don't feel strongly about this record, but that is how my picks turned out.
Texas A&M 9-3, 5-3 (L- ARK, OM, AU)

Well, there you go. Agree? Disagree? Post your picks and thoughts. Enjoy the season, and Roll Tide!

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
We may lose a game or two, but it won't be to TAMU.

I can't really see Florida with only 4 wins.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I thought the same thing until I made the picks. It is a horrible time on our schedule, and they have the week off before we arrive after going to UGA and getting Arky at home in consecutive weeks. That's tough. I think it will be tough to go through those four October games without a loss.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I thought the same thing until I made the picks. It is a horrible time on our schedule, and they have the week off before we arrive after going to UGA and getting Arky at home in consecutive weeks. That's tough. I think it will be tough to go through those four October games without a loss.
Yeah, October will be a meatgrinder. Unless the team is mentally tough, we can easily drop a couple of games in that stretch alone.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
7 win Kentucky?
4 win Florida?

disagree with both.
Ok, what are your picks? I am often surprised when I finish with the picks, but I am usually pretty close with these when looking at how the schedules set up. I may bomb on this year's picks, but I was just sharing them and inviting others to do the same.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Yeah, October will be a meatgrinder. Unless the team is mentally tough, we can easily drop a couple of games in that stretch alone.
No doubt! We travel to A&M after we play UGA and Arky, and they have a bye. UT has a bye while we travel to A&M, so we play four tough SEC games in consecutive weeks. Two of them are on the road, and two have us facing rested teams. I will be very surprised if we get through October without a loss, and UGA is the least of my concerns because we get them first in that four game marathon.

Last edited:

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I think you have done a pretty good job and put a lot in to this. I definitely agree with the uptick of Arky and the Vols (although injuries might put that fire out).
Here is where I disagree - LSU - I think they beat at least 2 of the 3 losses you have for them Ole Miss, Miss St and TA&M...and we will need this head to head really bad when it's all over. Other words, I think the winner of Bama LSU wins the west.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I think you have done a pretty good job and put a lot in to this. I definitely agree with the uptick of Arky and the Vols (although injuries might put that fire out).
Here is where I disagree - LSU - I think they beat at least 2 of the 3 losses you have for them Ole Miss, Miss St and TA&M...and we will need this head to head really bad when it's all over. Other words, I think the winner of Bama LSU wins the west.
The SEC West is very funny this year. I have seen UA, AU, LSU, Arky, and TAM picked by multiple people to win the West. I haven't heard much love for either MSU or Ole Miss; although, I did hear a little love for the Rebel Black Bears on the radio today. It seems wide open, and it seems like anybody's guess. Either we all end up with 3 or 4 losses or a couple of teams rise above and separate themselves. I'm just hoping we are one of those who rise up. This needs to be our year because we lose a ton on defense after this year. I think we can get it done, but I will be shocked if we make it through October without a loss. Roll Tide!

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Each year I use the helmet schedule and pick every game for every SEC team. I have had some seasons where I am remarkably close, and some seasons I miss on a few teams. Either way, it is one of my pre-season rituals. Please add your picks, too, if you have picked all the games for the entire year.
EAST-
Florida 4-8, 1-7 (wins over NMS, EC, Vandy, FAU)
UGA 10-2, 6-2 (losses to UA and AU) East champion
Kentucky 7-5, 3-5 (losses to SC, AU, MSU, UT, UGA)
Missouri 8-4, 4-4 (losses- UK, UGA, UT, Ark)
South Carolina 6-6, 3-5 (L- UGA, Mizz, LSU, TAM, UT, Clemson)
UT 8-4, 5-3 (L- OU, Ark, UGA, UA)
Vandy 2-10, 0-8 (wins- WKU maybe, Austin Peay)

WEST-
Alabama 11-1, 7-1 (L- TAM- Hard to imagine that big a turnaround, I know, but schedule is bad in October.) West Champ and SEC Champ
Arkansas 9-3, 5-3 (L- UA, OM, LSU)
AU 9-3, 5-3 (L- LSU, ARK, UA)
LSU 8-4, 4-4 (L- MSU, UA, OM, TAM)
MSU 6-6, 2-6 (L- AU, TAM, Mizz, UA, ARK, OM- really bad November for the Bullies)
Ole Miss 10-2, 6-2 (L- UA, AU) I don't feel strongly about this record, but that is how my picks turned out.
Texas A&M 9-3, 5-3 (L- ARK, OM, AU)

Well, there you go. Agree? Disagree? Post your picks and thoughts. Enjoy the season, and Roll Tide!
Florida is more like 6-6
UGA 10-2 is about right
Kentucky 4-8 5-7 type season
Missouri 8-4 sounds about right
South Carolina 7-5
Ut 8-4 maybe 9-3 they are the real deal this year
Vandy 2-10 is about right

Bama 11-1 or possibly 10-2
Barn 10-2 maybe 9-3
Arkansas 9-3 sounds good
LSU 8-4 possible 9-3
Miss State around 7-5
Ole Miss around 8-4
Texas A&M around 8-4 or 7-5

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Me too! :biggrin:

West
Bama 12-0 (8-0)
Miss 11-1 (7-1)
Ark 10-2 (6-2)
aTm 8-4 (5-3)
barn 7-5 (3-5) (1-0)
LSU 7-5 (3-5) (0-1)
MSU 5-7 (1-7)

East
UGA 9-3 (6-2) (1-0)
MO 10-2 (6-2) (0-1)
ut 7-5 (4-4)
SC 5-7 (3-5)
UK 6-6 (2-6)(1-0)
UF 5-7 (2-6) (0-1)
VU 1-11 (0-8)

SECCG
Bama

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.