Link: Trent's gone per Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I totally agree that his is a debate, I should have never used the word conspiracy. And to those that do not like the thread, as Mike Tyson once said "Turn off your station!" lol. Threads like this are some of my favorites. It takes intelligence to take on so many people, and some have probably been swayed pro Trent. Bottom line that we all can agree on is that Trent will get another shot if he wants one, although next year. He would have to train on some things imo. Most top picks, even after this type of exit, get another chance with time. There are examples galore.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Just a little snippet to add: heard on ESPN today that they've only had one one hundred yard rusher since Pagano took over. I thought that was a crazy stat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm still trying to figure out where I stated that there was any conspiracy. Today "conspiracy" is one of those words used against someone unjustifiably just because it has acquired a negative connotation, most people will automatically dismiss anything considered a "conspiracy" and apparently you can't retort with respectable rhetoric. You just use the tired ol' "conspiracy theory" tag to attach disrepute to arguments which for which you don't "have the chest" ( $0.05 to Les Miles) to handle.
Non sports

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Why close the thread? Trent will probably try out for a few more teams and possibly sign with a team. If you don't like the topic don't open the thread. One of the things I like most about TideFans is the forum doesn't get cluttered with duplicate threads. Close this one and someone will start another one next week when Trent tries out with another team..

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I totally agree that his is a debate, I should have never used the word conspiracy. And to those that do not like the thread, as Mike Tyson once said "Turn off your station!" lol. Threads like this are some of my favorites. It takes intelligence to take on so many people, and some have probably been swayed pro Trent. Bottom line that we all can agree on is that Trent will get another shot if he wants one, although next year. He would have to train on some things imo. Most top picks, even after this type of exit, get another chance with time. There are examples galore.
I remember one of Trent's first games and they showed the play from behind. Trent is running toward the line of scrimmage, then he suddenly planted one leg and hunched down such that his thighs were parallel to the ground, and then he just launched his entire body about three yards laterally with that planted leg and basically shifted two gaps over and accelerated through a hole that was just opening up and made a good gain on the play. My dad started to curse him when he planted his leg because it looked like he was following the correct block, but that blocker was stopped cold and knocked back and dad stopped right in the middle of his pejoration, stuttered a couple of times, and then said, "That guy's from another planet or something because that's just not possible." I remember announcers making statements about his unbelievable lateral agility and how he kept his entire body low to the ground even when making lateral cuts so that it was almost impossible for a tackler to get leverage and even if they did, he might not be in front of them anymore by the time they made contact because he could shift laterally so quickly and with so much power.

I hear excuses like "NFL vision isn't like college vision" and "he was good at Alabama because he had such a great offensive line". If there's some great identifiable difference between "NFL vision" and "college vision", I would think that pro scouts would be aware of the differences... especially if any posters at Tidefans are so aware of it ... and could spot possible problems. In Trent's junior bio at Alabama, he is credited with 49% of his yards AFTER CONTACT, so that somewhat contradicts the offensive line justification. Actually Eddie Lacy had a much better line blocking for him than Trent. I'm not sure what the problem is with Trent, but he had no problems with vision or missing holes here, so something has changed and "the NFL is so different than college" isn't a viable excuse when Trent played in the SEC and most of the guys that he dominated in the SEC are now in the NFL.

His best season was his first season. Players typically improve, but he regressed after his first season. Other than some undisclosed injury or just losing his passion for the game, the most likely culprit is that he was coached into inefficacy. It can happen. Just look at what happened to our defensive line after Lance Thompson left. Our superb athletes are finally reaching their potential.

Great players are usually born with physical gifts. A coach can just as easily destroy the potential of a player as they can improve the potential of a player. You can't take just anyone off the street and turn them into a Trent Richardson, but you can take a Trent Richardson and turn him into an indecisive, over-analyzing, uninstinctive player by trying to make him change his natural mechanics, used for 20+ years. If I told someone who walked fine that they walked like a doofus and they were now constantly paying attention to HOW they were walking, they might trip on the first step on the stairs.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Maybe the DVD is a Blue-Ray and you are trying to read it with standard DVD players. In that case, you can state that it is a fact that your DVD will NEVER work with any of your DVD players. So you throw away the DVD and its superior performance because it isn't performing as expected within your particular context.
Here is why. They do not put software on blue-ray yet that I know know of, and the blue-ray players are backwards compatible to the regular DVD, same as with CD. People used to be miffed that that they could read a DVD but not a a CD or visa versa, it was two lasers and one went bad. But some have one and adjust the depth and distance. Bottom line is that all my software that I use is on a standard DVD and its been years since I have even seen a just CD player. The MAIN reason for Blue-Ray DVD's and players was that DVD's lacked the storage to hold a 1080P movie in MPEG -2, they overhauled it all. The reason it has not taken off is Netfix and that DVD players in general are archaic and will soon be replaced with the superior thumb drive that uses electron technology. I think DVD's are on there way out. The days of the mechanical memory from DVD's to Hard drives with platters in its last 5 years. If I want to watch a blue ray movie? I shrink it down to a MP-4 with Div-X, but even that is old stuff now. DVD is becoming a relic, lets hope that is not the case with Trent!

Last edited:

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Here is why. They do not put software on blue-ray yet that I know know of, and the blue-ray players are backwards compatible to the regular DVD, same as with CD. People used to be miffed that that they could read a DVD but not a a CD or visa versa, it was two lasers and one went bad. But some have one and adjust the depth and distance. Bottom line is that all my software that I use is on a standard DVD and its been years since I have even seen a just CD player. The MAIN reason for Blue-Ray DVD's and players was that DVD's lacked the storage to hold a 1080P movie in MPEG -2, they overhauled it all. The reason it has not taken off is Netfix and that DVD players in general are archaic and will soon be replaced with the superior thumb drive that uses electron technology. I think DVD's are on there way out. The days of the mechanical memory from DVD's to Hard drives with platters in its last 5 years. If I want to watch a blue ray movie? I shrink it down to a MP-4 with Div-X, but even that is old stuff now. DVD is becoming a relic, lets hope that is not the case with Trent!
BlueRay are backward compatible, but I said Blue-Ray disc in a standard DVD player, which will not work. There's no reason why you can't put software on a Blue-Ray. It is simply a disc medium with more storage space which is why it is used for 1080 video with multi-channel Dolby audio and all the other little extras that they stick on the movie discs. As more PCs come standard with a BlueRay, you'll see software on it because you know that the one constant in computers is that every new version of software uses 100MB more hard disk space and 10MB more RAM than the last version.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
BlueRay are backward compatible, but I said Blue-Ray disc in a standard DVD player, which will not work. There's no reason why you can't put software on a Blue-Ray. It is simply a disc medium with more storage space which is why it is used for 1080 video with multi-channel Dolby audio and all the other little extras that they stick on the movie discs. As more PCs come standard with a BlueRay, you'll see software on it because you know that the one constant in computers is that every new version of software uses 100MB more hard disk space and 10MB more RAM than the last version.
That is true, but the software that I have to use, which is installed at Physicians offices comes on DVD. You will just have to assume I know what I am talking about, that's all I can say. It was an analogy, and sure you can dig holes in it because I kept it pithy for obvious reason's. Bue yes, you are correct, you can not play a Blue Ray DVD in a standard DVD player. And that there is software in Blueray DVD's that a fool could be dumbfounded because it will not play on a DVD player! I will now retire the DVD analogy! It was probably a little "thin" to begin with :)

Last edited:

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
That is true, but the software that I have to use, which is installed at Physicians offices comes on DVD. You will just have to assume I know what I am talking about, that's all I can say. It was an analogy, and sure you can dig holes in it because I kept it pithy for obvious reason's. Bue yes, you are correct, you can not play a Blue Ray DVD in a standard DVD player. And that there is software in Blueray DVD's that a fool could be dumbfounded because it will not play on a DVD player! I will now retire the DVD analogy! It was probably a little "thin" to begin with :)
We won't require Meaningful Use until 2016, so you're OK. :biggrin:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
We won't require Meaningful Use until 2016, so you're OK. :biggrin:
Ok. Obama care has been good to me, forcing physicians very happy with their windows XP to upgrade to Windows 7 and beyond to use a new version of "Amazing Charts" and then they get $20,000 write off, or check, not sure. But I go in there, upgrade all the computers, install the software, network them all back together to use a common file and walk out with a wad of tax payer money!

Edit: But I used a lot of it to pay my sons way through UAH and he graduated as an electrical engineer. So it went to good use, he is employed, a professional, which I never was by society, and productive!

Last edited:

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Has discussion about Trent become political? It's still a sports topic. I'm still trying to figure out where I jaunted into the "conspiracy" zone and you apparently can't tell me so I'll just forget your conspiracy Mumbo Jumbo Gumbo and attribute it to "swamp gas".

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Pardon the Interruption...

OFF TOPIC WARNING ---- OFF TOPIC WARNING ---- OFF TOPIC WARNING ---- OFF TOPIC WARNING ---- OFF TOPIC WARNING ---- OFF TOPIC WARNING ---- OFF TOPIC WARNING ----
Obamacare is not Meaningful Use. Meaningful Use was part of the 2009 ARRA. It tied continued medicaid and medicare reimbursements to healthcare providers to their implementation of EHR technology and meeting reporting standards for certain CDC metrics. Obamacare is the accessibility to and requirement for healthcare insurance and related tax penalties for non-compliance.
BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING ----
BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING ---- BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING ----

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I am guilty on both counts. I now take my leave as a spectator on an otherwise good thread imo. I just wanted to tell you what I did, isolated from the discussion, that's all. No politics intended.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.