Link: Trent's gone per Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I really like Ryan Clark, who is usually very well spoken and intelligent, but this was not right.

Do I think Trent is a huge bust? Yes.

Do I think he probably should have been cut? Perhaps.

Is he the worst running back ever, and would I take a high schooler over him? Come on... that is just trying to rub salt in a wound because you don't like Alabama. There was no need for that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
thats lsWHO for you bro...i was born and raised in LOSERana....i know how how them people are, and they are far worse than auburn or tennessee
I will have to agree with you....I didnt grow up in Lousyana, but I have been around a bunch of those fans ...and they can be really annoying.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Ryan Clark (whoever that is) said:
Tuesday, ESPN analyst Ryan Clark piled on, calling Richardson the worst NFL running back ever to play. After his latest failure, Richardson probably won’t get a chance to prove Clark wrong.
Richardson doesn't have to prove Clark wrong. That statement is so ludicrous, it comes closer to being the most ignorant remark ever made than to being true. It's just another case of national sports journalists proving that Joe Namath was fairly accurate when he stated that journalism was easier than basket-weaving as a major.

This is one major problem with television media in that there is little chance for a sharper mind to deflect these type of remarks. They can bleep out a profanity because it is easily identified, but an asinine comment may not be immediately recognized before being disseminated across the globe. A newspaper editor would have torn something like that violently from an article and chided Mr. Clark, "are you serious?"

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Wait...

$17M
Taxes take 45% of that
Net $9.3M
Agents take 15% of the top.
Net $6.8M
PR, Management, etc... another 10% of the top
Net $4.3M

He's got 2 kids, comes from nothing and would have spent some money on his kids, mom, houses, etc...
Net $3M

Now. That seems like a hell of a lot of money. But. At reasonable returns it gives off $120K/yr if you don't touch the principle. Again, very solid money but far from being "set for life."

And that's BEST case.

He's gonna need to find a job or we're going to hear bad things down the road.
In the worst case scenario, he should be left with more than 4.3 million. Expenses like agent fees and asset management fees are tax deductions, so that would substantially reduce the tax bite. Also, my understanding is that agents typically get much less as a percentage of the player's contract. If they get higher commissions, that is more likely to be on other types of income, like endorsements.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
So why dont we make a area for pro football. I for one am sick of hearing about all this drama the ESPN talking heads and others spew out. This is about college football at the University of Alabama. I gave up on pro football 15 years ago and will never go back. So how about some consideration for a pro football area so those that want it can go there and post.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I will have to agree with you....I didnt grow up in Lousyana, but I have been around a bunch of those fans ...and they can be really annoying.
Agree as well. Lived and worked in Louisiana for a number of years. LSU fans have to be experienced to be believed. As bad as they are when they lose, they`re probably even worse winners.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
he's certainly not the worst to ever play in the NFL, but statistically he's been pretty awful.

doesn't he have the second lowest per carry average of any back with more than 600 carries?

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
he's certainly not the worst to ever play in the NFL, but statistically he's been pretty awful.

doesn't he have the second lowest per carry average of any back with more than 600 carries?
The fact that he has more than 600 carries in the NFL is proof that he's at least better than some players. There are many that never got that many carries. It reminds me of a pitcher who loses 20 games. You have to be pretty good just to start that many games.

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001
So why dont we make a area for pro football. I for one am sick of hearing about all this drama the ESPN talking heads and others spew out. This is about college football at the University of Alabama. I gave up on pro football 15 years ago and will never go back. So how about some consideration for a pro football area so those that want it can go there and post.
How about you ignore threads about players in the NFL?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Honestly, that video posted back there just shows how far he's fallen. Vision, cut to the clear, agility with the sidestep, and enough speed to make good yardage.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I really like Ryan Clark, who is usually very well spoken and intelligent, but this was not right.

Do I think Trent is a huge bust? Yes.

Do I think he probably should have been cut? Perhaps.

Is he the worst running back ever, and would I take a high schooler over him? Come on... that is just trying to rub salt in a wound because you don't like Alabama. There was no need for that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
What do you think Trent is thinking about this? If it were me I would be so MOTIVATED to PROVE him/them WRONG that it would possibly take at least 5 to 7 players to bring me to the turf!

"Come on Trent", prove these TALKING HEADS are WRONG about YOU!

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO
I think the unspoken part of the argument is that he is the worst running back to go that high in the draft/be a starter. And honestly, it's hard to argue that right now.
Oh, how quickly people forget Lawrence Phillips!

#6 overall
pretty similar numbers (certainly no better)
lots more convictions

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Oh, how quickly people forget Lawrence Phillips!

#6 overall
pretty similar numbers (certainly no better)
lots more convictions
it doesn't really help trent's case to compare him to a guy who flopped out of the league in large part because he's a criminal who is also possibly a sociopath.

to my knowledge, trent has no such problems holding him back and all his problems as a player seem to be related to his playing ability and not psychological or off field issues.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I'm beginning to think that Trent has a medical issue like Ricky Williams. Ricky wasn't diagnosed with manic depression until he was 4 years out of Texas. After he went on meds, his life changed. I have zero clue as to Trent's problems/issues, but when I hear of players destroying their own lives, it makes me think of Ricky.

superbamashane

1st Team
Aug 14, 2006
Sylacauga, AL
I'm beginning to think that Trent has a medical issue like Ricky Williams. Ricky wasn't diagnosed with manic depression until he was 4 years out of Texas. After he qiut smoking pot and switched to meds, his life changed. I have zero clue as to Trent's problems/issues, but when I hear of players destroying their own lives, it makes me think of Ricky.
FIFY

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I don't mind the fact that Trent didn't translate well to the NFL. It doesn't fit every players strength. There will be busts on a yearly basis, that 2012 class as a whole was a big letdown.

The problem I have is the brutality that people have gone after TR. He's a human being, he failed, but everyone seems to be enjoying his downfall and rubbing it in his face. The brutality of the comments I've seen from the media and the comments from other sites has been incredibly excessive.

Trent didn't amount to much in the NFL, but it's not his fault that he was over drafted, or that the Colts traded that 1st round pick.

I don't understand where all of the hatred is coming from.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
There is some kind of problem with Trent. Mental, physical or he just doesn't want to play pro ball. He was a great player at Alabama and no one can take that away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.