Link: Trent's gone per Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proxigean Tide

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Dover, DE
In watching Trent it looks pretty simple to me. He's using the "let the blocking develop technique" he was taught at Bama.
It doesn't work in the N.F.L.
You have to explode!!!
Trent hesitates and reads, and the defense is all over him in a heartbeat.
Remember, at half time of one game when Coach Saban was griping about Eddie Lacy not doing "His steps" correctly?
That's because Eddie just grabbed the hand off and "took off".
So what he did wrong at Bama has made him great as an NFL player.
Conversely, what Trent did "right" at Bama, is killing him in the NFL.
I have no doubt that Trent can make it, but, IF he's given another shot, the running back coach is going to have to say, "Forget everything you have ever learned about being a running back and just run the damn ball".
He still has a chance. He's not an old man quite yet :)
But it's not looking real good. I wish him the best. He just needs the right situation in the worst kind of way.
sip
I think this is accurate

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Might be hard for any Texas team acquire Trent, after his performance against the home state collegiate team in the NCG a few years back.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Might be hard for any Texas team acquire Trent, after his performance against the home state collegiate team in the NCG a few years back.
Nah. Texans don't hold a grudge like that. In fact, they'd let everyone know that they just BOUGHT the guy that played so well against them because they think that they should be able to buy their way to success in everything.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
There aren't many quality backs available out there so if there are any injuries someone will be calling for Trent.
Yep, but "quality back" isn't something anybody in the NFL associates with Trent right now. I hope he takes a little time off and gets his mind right and focused on football. We all saw he has talent to be that quality back, but he's got to get the desire of the game back.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Yep, but "quality back" isn't something anybody in the NFL associates with Trent right now. I hope he takes a little time off and gets his mind right and focused on football. We all saw he has talent to be that quality back, but he's got to get the desire of the game back.
Maybe some time away will help him. He may find that he misses playing and decides to take a different approach, if the reports of him not really wanting it anymore are true.

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
Probably his last chance in the NFL. Hope he managed and invested his money properly. If so he should be set for the rest of his life. I think I read he got $600K guaranteed from the Raiders..
Didn't he always talk about wanting to be a pro weightlifter? If so he can do so now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.