Link: Trent's gone per Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Probably his last chance in the NFL. Hope he managed and invested his money properly. If so he should be set for the rest of his life. I think I read he got $600K guaranteed from the Raiders..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Probably his last chance in the NFL. Hope he managed and invested his money properly. If so he should be set for the rest of his life. I think I read he got $600K guaranteed from the Raiders..
agreed. If he wants to play in the NFL at this point it will be for a very desperate team or he can try to be a ben tate floater free agent that hopes some team like the Steelers has depth issues late in the season. Other than that I hope he saved enough money or is considering the SECN.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
agreed. If he wants to play in the NFL at this point it will be for a very desperate team or he can try to be a ben tate floater free agent that hopes some team like the Steelers has depth issues late in the season. Other than that I hope he saved enough money or is considering the SECN.
He's been in the league for enough years now that he is considered a veteran so I think the minimum he can make is $600K. I doubt another team will sign him considering they would be on the hook for $600K regardless if Trent ever played (such as what happened with the raiders).

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Definitely a mystery...but it took Mark a little long to get going in the NFL too. I hope someone gives him a chance. Lacy is a star and Yeldon looks good so far.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I know there's been abundant discussion about this, but I remain puzzled...

Gotta luv the guy...

But even separating emotion from reason, this is all enigmatic...

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Just don't know how he can be such a bust.
One of the greatest athletes I've ever personally known had the same issues. He was 5'9" 185 lb and coming out of high school he was as agile & fast as anyone else on the field. He played QB in high school and finished 3rd on the all time list for total yardage in MS history. He also finished pretty highly on the all time scoring list in basketball all while leading our HS to 2 basketball state titles. He was an exceptionally special athlete. He went to Ole Miss where Orgeron put him at DB. By his senior season he'd put on 40+ lbs of muscle. He'd lost all his speed and everything that made him the athlete he was in HS.

I think that's what happened to Trent. He always had trouble making weight in the NFL. There's only so much mass a 5'9" frame can handle. That combined with waning confidence and he never really had a chance.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Trent is going to be signed by someone in the NFL for this season. I think the Cowboys is a reasonable landing spot.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He had a great first year and then the NFL made some rule changes that affected some running backs' running styles. He wasn't the same after that. He would tear up the CFL.
I remember there was an interview with a prominent person that worked in the Browns GM office that gave some info on why the Browns traded him so soon. He stated that the Browns were trying to make him use better mechanics and see the field better in order to stay healthy and be productive past his rookie year, but they said Trent was either too slow to catch on or too hard headed to change. So instead of getting stuck with another Peyton Hillis situation the Browns were looking for a team that was desperate for a running back and would pay big to get what seemed to be a good one that was on the rise.

I think its time to say Trent is another Ron Dayne story in which he was great in college but a bust in the pros. I loved watching Trent at Alabama and hate to see his career turn out like this, but it seems like it isn't meant to be

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
He'll get another shot, but I have to question his passion for the game now. Maybe it's just not there anymore. See Glen Coffee.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hopefully he banked some of that $$$ and is ready for the next phase of his life. I wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.