Link: Trent's gone per Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN
Wow. I didn't think he would even get a work out.
I wish him well.
Yes, I'm still wishing him success. If I had to guess which of the three RBs -- Ingram, Richardson and Lacey -- were to struggle, I would have guessed Eddie in his rookie year because he seemed smaller and was younger than the other two. Let's hope Trent gets on track.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I read that Rams rookie ToddGurley had more runs of more than 20 yards in the second half of Sunday's winover the Cardinals than Richardson did in three years with the Browns and Colts. Still hope he gets another chance.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yes, I'm still wishing him success. If I had to guess which of the three RBs -- Ingram, Richardson and Lacey -- were to struggle, I would have guessed Eddie in his rookie year because he seemed smaller and was younger than the other two. Let's hope Trent gets on track.
FYR, Eddie is taller and bigger than Mark and Trent, and Lacy has no "e" in it.

Was hoping Trent would get a shot with the Bills. Hopefully he gets another chance.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
FYR, Eddie is taller and bigger than Mark and Trent, and Lacy has no "e" in it.

Was hoping Trent would get a shot with the Bills. Hopefully he gets another chance.
Yeah, that posts makes no sense at all. Eddie is bigger than Mark and Trent, and when he entered the draft, he was a RS Junior that had been at Bama 4 years where Mark and Trent were true Juniors and had only been here 3 years.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Eddie is far more fluid that TR or MI - they run like blowing balls. Eddie can do that, too, but he also has the circle button.

I really never thought him as good as the others while at Bama, but seeing him run in the NFL has converted me. He's ridiculous - great vision, power, and agility...

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Eddie is far more fluid that TR or MI - they run like blowing balls. Eddie can do that, too, but he also has the circle button.

I really never thought him as good as the others while at Bama, but seeing him run in the NFL has converted me. He's ridiculous - great vision, power, and agility...
Very true I will also add Lacy seemed to have a nagging injury most of his career at Bama.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Very true I will also add Lacy seemed to have a nagging injury most of his career at Bama.
People forget that Eddie was our leading rusher in 2011 before he got the turf toe injury. He looked like the better back in a lot of people's eyes, but some people believed it was only because defenses were keying on Trent. IMO, after Eddie's coming out party in the Bowl against MSU, he was our best back when healthy. When Eddie got hurt, Trent stepped in a big way, and shouldered most of the load in 2011.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

I thought he might be the best earlier than some, but I had any doubt removed in the 2012 SECCG. That was the single best performance by a Bama RB in the Saban era, IMO. Mark's performance against USCe is 2nd IMO.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I thought he might be the best earlier than some, but I had any doubt removed in the 2012 SECCG. That was the single best performance by a Bama RB in the Saban era, IMO. Mark's performance against USCe is 2nd IMO.
Eddie's performance against the Irish in the BCS Championship is up there as well. He showed so much in that game. In the first quarter, Eddie took a handoff right in the face of a safety blitz, just effortlessly moved to the right a bit, brushed off the attempted arm tackle, and then broke off about a 20-yard run to the ND 1 yard-line. In the second quarter, he first used his left arm to literally throw a would-be tackler to the ground, and then we all remember that play where AJ found none of the receivers open, dropped off the pass over the middle to Eddie and he did two or three consecutive spins to bounce off three defenders and into the endzone. Then in the 4th quarter, just prior to the pass to Amari between three defenders, Eddie takes a handoff, sees a hole open up to his right just as he gets to the line of scrimmage, does a jump cut to get himself in position to charge into the hole, bursts through it and then does another couple of jump cuts that get him an additional 4 or 5 yards on what ends up to be about a 15 to 20 yard run. He showed everything that night that should have made him the top RB pick in the draft, but he fell into a good situation anyway.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Eddie has a different weapon when he runs and that is a spin move.

Tr and mi are both hit and and run over backs. That's a great thing to have if you either have a great line or great NFL vision. Trent has had neither. Trent looked great in college because he had arguably the greatest line ever in college football and the lack of a potential defense to stop him. While the best defense that he played was one of the best in recent memory in the form of lsu, that defense was built to stop great skill teams like every other chavis defense and was not great against power teams. The reason we lost the 11-5 game was more because coach Mac was trying to letting AJ prove he could win while also struggling with the question whether or not AJ could win it. It had more to do with the qb and missing fgs. Had we ran it at them more we probably win 17-6 and played OSU in the national championship. But Trent has struggled in the NFL because it is a culture shock that he hasn't or can't seem to adapt to, and the NFL isn't known for limitless second chances for runningbacks. Had something like the XFL or Euro ball still existed I think Trent could rebound, but the only thing they have is Canadian league which isn't what it used to be. So really I think his best chance is a depth issue occurring later in the season for one team that needs a running back like what happened with Ben Tate and the steelers last year. Just IMO

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
To be fair Trent had several runs for us that without great vision and lateral movement he would have been down. To say that Trent just plowed into people is forgetting a lot. He didn't plow over anyone on his two of his most famous runs for us:

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN
Yeah, that posts makes no sense at all. Eddie is bigger than Mark and Trent, and when he entered the draft, he was a RS Junior that had been at Bama 4 years where Mark and Trent were true Juniors and had only been here 3 years.
Mea culpa. Yep, I checked the stats, and you are correct: Eddie is taller and heavier than the other two. My memory of the three is 2010 (?) when Eddie first played for us and had slippery hands with the ball. After Eddie lost it several times in a game, Ingram and Richardson took him aside to encourage him. They bounced around him and seemed to tower over him at the time. That's my memory of the three -- several bad plays by Eddie, followed by the other two telling him to shake it off and focus on the next play, not on the fumbles. It was a bad moment followed by good teamwork.

My point is that I wish Trent success. The Bills have passed on him, but hopefully he will find a place he fits well. As they say in Tennessee, he's one of "our'n." (I've lived here too long if I'm talking Tennessean.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.