What is everyone doing to contain your excitement for this weekend?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm in New Orleans for work this week so it's gonna go by fast. Staying on Iberville Street which is about 30 seconds from Bourbon. Was here last month for work and saw Kevin Sumlin on Bourbon Street. I walked up to him and said hey and asked him to take a selfie with me. He said real men don't take selfies. He was dead serious. I said real me don't lose 59-0 and walked away. He came across as very rude..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm in New Orleans for work this week so it's gonna go by fast. Staying on Iberville Street which is about 30 seconds from Bourbon. Was here last month for work and saw Kevin Sumlin on Bourbon Street. I walked up to him and said hey and asked him to take a selfie with me. He said real men don't take selfies. He was dead serious. I said real me don't lose 59-0 and walked away. He came across as very rude..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think Coach S. is the best in the business, but this, "total secrecy" approach has hurt my excitement level.
Is it unreasonable, that four days before kickoff, I, as a fan, would like to know our starting lineup?
And the poor local media...God forbid they ask a question.
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but it ticks me off that Rece Davis, of ESPN, can ask coach a question, and he smiles and answers it, because of the national exposure. But let a local writer ask a question like, let's say, "Hey Coach, how is Jake looking at QB"?, and you get the look of disgust, and the ten minute lecture about how the process works and how why you're stupid for asking the question. These guys make their living asking these questions. They have no choice.
He should have some respect for that, being a poor boy from West Virginia. Just my opinion.
So, here's the process, that I've been processed, to believe.
DON'T get excited. One play at a time.
DON'T look at the scoreboard.
Nope Coach. I'm going to, and we better be ahead. I'm local.
Complain to ESPN, "AIGHT"
sip

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
busy work week. plus my project manager is leaving for another firm. I am taking on some of his work.
The plus side is my boss is being super nice to me because he doesn't want me to leave too.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Just my opinion Force but I'm not sure using the word "selfie" is all that masculine.

Maybe next time just ask if you get get a photo of you two together shaking hands (?)

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Guess cause I am old and have been through so many seasons; I am not really fired up about another season. Maybe it will get better after the first game.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Just my opinion Force but I'm not sure using the word "selfie" is all that masculine.

Maybe next time just ask if you get get a photo of you two together shaking hands (?)
A somewhat famous person shouldn't be walking Bourbon Street if he doesn't want to stop and take a picture. He wasn't taking the picture no matter how I phrased it. It wasn't that big of deal either way..

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
My wife is having surgery tomorrow so we hope to be at home recuperating on Saturday. We are going to show up at the primary hospital in Tallahassee all dressed in Crimson and White.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Gonna watch every game I can from tomorrow 'til our kickoff to get my "fix".

Plenty of food....check
Roll out the big "A" deck umbrella....check
Fire up the grill......check.
plenty of all natural beverages.....check.

Let the games begin. :biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.