I need something to backup our computers at work

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
It should be accessible through your system's network. It may be a wired hard drive, and if so it may be connected directly to a single computer; or if wireless, instead of going to "My Computer", you might look into your network. Depending on how it's stored or backed up, it may be either in individual folders or in a backup file.
Due to the numerous methods by which it might be accomplished/accessed, you should ask your IT guy to show you exactly where it's backed up, how to perform those backups manually, and how to access the folders/files.
I concur. That's why you (presumably) pay the IT guy. If he isn't explaining to you his job isn't finished.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I'd look into moving your app to Microsoft azure cloud, no reason for yall to even have a PC for your business in 2015. Do you have internet in the store?

https://products.office.com/en-gb/access
Agreed. Along with servicing my other business customers, I am also an agent for two separate corporate entities, both in different states, neither in Alabama.
When I service their locations, I take my tablet which contains specific Excel spreadsheets. Upon completion at the location, the completed forms are uploaded to the MS Cloud, and that respective corporation automatically has access to it. There are no forms to print, mail, etc., etc.. They know the complete status of that location before I ever get back in my vehicle.

If you're still doing business on a desktop PC, it's time you moved your business into the 21st Century.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I had the same issue at our office and we now use Western Digital NAS with software that backs up everyone's pc or mac with a raid 5 12TB 4 drive configuration. If one of the 4 drives dye I have an extra on hand to plug in and it is supposed to heal itself in a few hours. We also use carbonite for cloud backups.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I'd look into moving your app to Microsoft azure cloud, no reason for yall to even have a PC for your business in 2015. Do you have internet in the store?

https://products.office.com/en-gb/access
Agreed. Along with servicing my other business customers, I am also an agent for two separate corporate entities, both in different states, neither in Alabama.
When I service their locations, I take my tablet which contains specific Excel spreadsheets. Upon completion at the location, the completed forms are uploaded to the MS Cloud, and that respective corporation automatically has access to it. There are no forms to print, mail, etc., etc.. They know the complete status of that location before I ever get back in my vehicle.

If you're still doing business on a desktop PC, it's time you moved your business into the 21st Century.
To a large extent I agree with these two. There are specific applications and situations where I would still insist upon local hardware. (these days most people call this on premises). For a business like yours, if you have reliable internet service, this works very well.

Edit: If you go this way be sure your Access applications do not contain sensitive information, or you properly protect the access to them if they do. We got a client after a previous vendor got them in a lot of trouble going this way. Someone was able to get the information necessary to get into their system, and use that information. It was a clinic and HIPAA regulations are very strict. There are plenty of solutions including those based on Azure that can meet those kind of regulations, one just needs to be careful.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.