Tailgating options around Cowboys Stadium

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Has anyone been to the Tailgate Tavern just north of the Walmart? Seems like a good location, even if it is going to be backed like Galettes before a game.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
FWIW, Saturday looks to be high 90's..
Just another 'average' day in DFW in early September! Should be LOTS of room in the stadium... Was at a dinner thrown by UA last night and they said less than 46k tickets had been sold. Heard the same from a friend inside the Cowboys, over 35k seats remaining.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Just another 'average' day in DFW in early September! Should be LOTS of room in the stadium... Was at a dinner thrown by UA last night and they said less than 46k tickets had been sold. Heard the same from a friend inside the Cowboys, over 35k seats remaining.
Wow, that is a big number to fill in just two days. Maybe these games are starting to feel common place and not generating the type of buzz they once did.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Sounds like I should have waited to buy tickets...
Yep! I saw seats below face value on stubhub for the 100 level endzone. Wish I would've waited too. The fact Wisconsin doesn't travel (returned over 1/2 their tickets), and BAMA is here next year VS a bigger name didn't help the scalpers and brokers. Wife is hearing rumors AT&T may give away tix to their employees... Really be hacked if they do and I could've save $300.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Yep! I saw seats below face value on stubhub for the 100 level endzone. Wish I would've waited too. The fact Wisconsin doesn't travel (returned over 1/2 their tickets), and BAMA is here next year VS a bigger name didn't help the scalpers and brokers. Wife is hearing rumors AT&T may give away tix to their employees... Really be hacked if they do and I could've save $300.
Thats where I am sitting.... UGH. Oh well, just glad its football season. RTR!

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Has anyone been to the Tailgate Tavern just north of the Walmart? Seems like a good location, even if it is going to be backed like Galettes before a game.
Tailgate tavern sucks HARD. tried to go there when they opened for the UM game.....seats were reserved....AT A BAR....not by an event or association, people just called and reserved seats. They were empty for hours and wouldn't let you sit in reserved seating. Walk up the road to Sherlock or boomer jacks. Easily in walking distances, bigger and better
Thats where I am sitting.... UGH. Oh well, just glad its football season. RTR!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Sherlock bar and grill 0.8 miles from the stadium. No one here but a few Bama fans. No cover. 15 minute walk to stadium. I keep trying to submit a pic, the place is empty, big, and tons of tv's. This is where I'll be today

sent from my big ol' note 4

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.