Tailgating options around Cowboys Stadium

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Look for advice from Cowboy fans or people that went to the Michigan game in 2012.

What are the tailgating options around the New Cowboys stadium? Are there any bar/official tailgates that are open to the public?

Thanks for the help.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Be prepared to pay to tailgate at Jerry's World. Not exactly sure of amounts but I live in Dallas and renting a party bus for thirty of us. $150 just to park! I am sure it's less for cars... Try cowboystailgate.com or google parking for Alabama/Wisconsin...

PM me if I can help further...

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Look for advice from Cowboy fans or people that went to the Michigan game in 2012.

What are the tailgating options around the New Cowboys stadium? Are there any bar/official tailgates that are open to the public?

Thanks for the help.
It was brutal hot in those parking lots last game, and will be this year. No shade. Tailgate with the Tide is an alumni event that will be held inside a bldg a couple blocks from stadium, if interested.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Copy & paste from the AT&T Stadium website:

Tailgating Spaces
Tailgating for Cowboys games is permitted in designated tailgating spaces only. These spaces are located on the perimeter of each parking lot and have a grassy area immediately behind the vehicle parking spot. There are tailgating spaces in Lots 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15, and the spaces are filled on a first come/first served basis. If interested in tailgating, it is important to arrive early to obtain one of the designated spaces.
Tailgating Guidelines
All guests wishing to tailgate must observe the following guidelines. These guidelines have been developed to provide a fair, reasonable and safe tailgating experience for guests. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the loss of tailgating privileges and ejection from the parking lot.
  • Tailgating spaces are for vehicles only. Parking spaces may not be used for tents, grills, chairs or other items. Each vehicle must have a valid parking permit.
  • Tailgating is defined as the placement of any item on the ground (chairs, coolers, grills, games, etc.)
  • Tailgating is only permitted in the grass areas on the perimeter of the parking lots. The maximum area that any single tailgate space may occupy is 9-feet wide and 12-feet deep.
  • Tailgating must be confined to the area adjacent to the end of the designated tailgating vehicle parking space (maximum of 12 feet from the rear of the parking vehicle).
  • Any grass areas beyond the designated tailgating spaces are considered common ground and may be used by other guests for tailgating or picnicking activities.
  • Tailgating is not permitted in Lot 3, portions of Lot 5, Lot 8, and Lot 9.
  • Tailgating is permitted from the time the lots open and up to two (2) hours following Dallas Cowboys or college football games.
  • All guests must follow the directions and instructions provided by stadium personnel (parking staff, security, police, etc.).
  • Dispose of trash in the appropriate receptacles.
  • Coals must be disposed of in the designated coal containers located throughout the lots. Do not dump coals or store stoves on the grass, parking areas, under or around vehicles.
  • The following items/activities are prohibited:
    • Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying
    • Open flame fires of any kind. Charcoal or gas cooking is permitted.
    • Disorderly conduct
    • Picketing, political campaigning or soliciting/distribution of any kind
    • Saving parking or tailgating spaces
    • Weapons and fireworks
    • Sale of food, beverage, merchandise, etc.
    • Advertising or promoting any third party products (including but not limited to food and beverage products)
    • Amplified sound systems or the use of radios/audio devices at loud levels.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
It was brutal hot in those parking lots last game, and will be this year. No shade. Tailgate with the Tide is an alumni event that will be held inside a bldg a couple blocks from stadium, if interested.
Hate to let the secret out, but Bama fans tailgate with EZ-up tents! :smile:
(Not that my sorry behind is going to Dallas for this one.)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Hate to let the secret out, but Bama fans tailgate with EZ-up tents! :smile:
(Not that my sorry behind is going to Dallas for this one.)
I was there in 2012. Shade from an EZ-Up in that lot would have helped about like a parasol on a volcano. Brutally hot, with heat radiating off what seemed like hundreds of acres of open concrete parking lot.

As another poster said, the Alumni tent is your best option. But it'll still feel like you're in the warming oven, just not the convection oven in the lot.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I was there in 2012. Shade from an EZ-Up in that lot would have helped about like a parasol on a volcano. Brutally hot, with heat radiating off what seemed like hundreds of acres of open concrete parking lot.

As another poster said, the Alumni tent is your best option. But it'll still feel like you're in the warming oven, just not the convection oven in the lot.
Bingo! EZ up tents don't help on the face of the sun, which is what it was like against UM a few years back. Of course, there were the locals out there saying, "Hot? This ain't hot! Yall don't know what hot is." I am fully aware of what hot is, and that was a freaking scorcher in that parking lot. We actually stayed in the RV in the AC quite a bit, and it was still hot. However, it was still a great time.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Yep. Was there for UM and we didn't even try to tailgate in that heat. Also, back then they were wanding everyone going in and doing a slow job of it. We waited about 20 minutes in the heat just to get inside. Great facility. Very glad I went. But tailgating? Not unless there is a surprising cold spell. It was still hot in the parking lot when we came out....

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Average here right now is about 94. Saturday's forcast is 96 and sunny. But the Jerry Dome will be about 72. :wink:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Innisfree set up a big tailgate if you are "of that age". My kids both went. I went over there to snag a few beers from their cooler and I thought my head was going to explode. [emoji79]

X2 on the heat. That's why we will watch from the comfort of our indoor tailgate in North Alabama this year.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Copy & paste from the AT&T Stadium website:

Tailgating Spaces
Tailgating for Cowboys games is permitted in designated tailgating spaces only. These spaces are located on the perimeter of each parking lot and have a grassy area immediately behind the vehicle parking spot. There are tailgating spaces in Lots 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15, and the spaces are filled on a first come/first served basis. If interested in tailgating, it is important to arrive early to obtain one of the designated spaces.
Tailgating Guidelines
All guests wishing to tailgate must observe the following guidelines. These guidelines have been developed to provide a fair, reasonable and safe tailgating experience for guests. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the loss of tailgating privileges and ejection from the parking lot.
  • Tailgating spaces are for vehicles only. Parking spaces may not be used for tents, grills, chairs or other items. Each vehicle must have a valid parking permit.
  • Tailgating is defined as the placement of any item on the ground (chairs, coolers, grills, games, etc.)
  • Tailgating is only permitted in the grass areas on the perimeter of the parking lots. The maximum area that any single tailgate space may occupy is 9-feet wide and 12-feet deep.
  • Tailgating must be confined to the area adjacent to the end of the designated tailgating vehicle parking space (maximum of 12 feet from the rear of the parking vehicle).
  • Any grass areas beyond the designated tailgating spaces are considered common ground and may be used by other guests for tailgating or picnicking activities.
  • Tailgating is not permitted in Lot 3, portions of Lot 5, Lot 8, and Lot 9.
  • Tailgating is permitted from the time the lots open and up to two (2) hours following Dallas Cowboys or college football games.
  • All guests must follow the directions and instructions provided by stadium personnel (parking staff, security, police, etc.).
  • Dispose of trash in the appropriate receptacles.
  • Coals must be disposed of in the designated coal containers located throughout the lots. Do not dump coals or store stoves on the grass, parking areas, under or around vehicles.
  • The following items/activities are prohibited:
    • Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying
    • Open flame fires of any kind. Charcoal or gas cooking is permitted.
    • Disorderly conduct
    • Picketing, political campaigning or soliciting/distribution of any kind
    • Saving parking or tailgating spaces
    • Weapons and fireworks
    • Sale of food, beverage, merchandise, etc.
    • Advertising or promoting any third party products (including but not limited to food and beverage products)
    • Amplified sound systems or the use of radios/audio devices at loud levels.
Just an FYI, the Cowboys website says lots open at 2PM, 5 hours before kickoff. They really will be open about 9AM. You can tailgate in any space. Been to plenty of Cowboy games and they don't care as long as you don't blatantly block the aisle. If you have a pickup or SUV they will say nothing if you sit on the tailgate with a small grill on the ground.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Bingo! EZ up tents don't help on the face of the sun, which is what it was like against UM a few years back. Of course, there were the locals out there saying, "Hot? This ain't hot! Yall don't know what hot is." I am fully aware of what hot is, and that was a freaking scorcher in that parking lot. We actually stayed in the RV in the AC quite a bit, and it was still hot. However, it was still a great time.
Come on, it wasn't THAT hot.... Actually comfortable after the game! 😀

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
Just an FYI, the Cowboys website says lots open at 2PM, 5 hours before kickoff. They really will be open about 9AM. You can tailgate in any space. Been to plenty of Cowboy games and they don't care as long as you don't blatantly block the aisle. If you have a pickup or SUV they will say nothing if you sit on the tailgate with a small grill on the ground.
Parking lots didn't open until 12:00 Noon for the Michigan game. $40 for parking.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.