Teen pressures boyfriend into suicide.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Files this one under: and you thought your wife/girlfriend was a nag.

Washington Post

You always say you're gonna do it, but you never do," Carter complained. "I just want to make sure tonight is the real thing."

Carters was insistent even when Roy steered the topic to other things:

ROY: How was your day?

Carter:When are you doing it?

Roy said he was having a good day, but Carter wasn't satisfied.

Carter: Really?

Roy: Yes.

Carter: That's great. What did you do?

Roy: Ended up going to work for a little bit and then just looked up stuff.

Carter: When are you gonna do it? Stop ignoring the question???

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
The fact that she tried to get some acclaim after his death as an advocate to save lives and prevent suicide is absolutely disgusting. Legally, I think this is an interesting issue because it could also serve as precedent for charging bullies with manslaughter or the like if their victims commit suicide.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
She ought to just say that Tom Brady told her to destroy the cell phone.

On a more serious note (as there really is NOTHING funny about this at all), I'm torn. Her very texts sound almost like a goading but then you get into the fact that 17-year olds are, well, stupid anyway. But she goaded a person she knew had tried this before into death. And now she soothes her guilt by trying to stop it.

I really won't be surprised if this doesn't end with her taking her own life the same way, and as angry as the texts I read make me, I don't want that, either.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The fact that she tried to get some acclaim after his death as an advocate to save lives and prevent suicide is absolutely disgusting. Legally, I think this is an interesting issue because it could also serve as precedent for charging bullies with manslaughter or the like if their victims commit suicide.
This would be an awful precedent.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
This would be an awful precedent.
I agree.

I think there is a difference between bullies causing someone to commit suicide and what she has done.

Her constant prodding is disturbing. Setting herself up to be a spokesperson is disgusting.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I agree.

I think there is a difference between bullies causing someone to commit suicide and what she has done.

Her constant prodding is disturbing. Setting herself up to be a spokesperson is disgusting.
Agreed. With what this girl did, she might as well had shot him herself.

I don't like bullying at all, but this was far worse IMO. This was sadistic on another level.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
This is pure evil and the fact that she tried to be a voice for suicide prevention afterwards is a clear sign of some mental issue--narcissism, psychopathic or sociopathic tendencies. It's almost like a hybrid Muncheusan Syndrome. I can't get over how her parents are completely blind to the fact that their daughter is a monster.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I'm saddened by the fact I'm not in the least surprised, shocked or dismayed by this story. I guess I see and hear about how atrociously humans treat one another repeatedly throughout my work day, so when something like this is in the headlines it's just another day.

Humans are NOT inherently good. We are, at our core, capable of being despicable monsters.

Thankfully, there are (for now) enough of us trying every day to be good, moral and just in our actions to balance out the badness. But some days I can almost feel the scale tilt globally in the wrong direction. :(

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I'm saddened by the fact I'm not in the least surprised, shocked or dismayed by this story. I guess I see and hear about how atrociously humans treat one another repeatedly throughout my work day, so when something like this is in the headlines it's just another day.

Humans are NOT inherently good. We are, at our core, capable of being despicable monsters.

Thankfully, there are (for now) enough of us trying every day to be good, moral and just in our actions to balance out the badness. But some days I can almost feel the scale tilt globally in the wrong direction. :(
We are the 'Naked Ape'. What separates us from a band of marauding chimpanzees is our civilization/society/culture/family. You can see the result when you look at impoverished areas which lack that and the resulting murder/crime rates.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
There is a lot of troubling stuff in this case, and one that hasn't been talked about is the fact that her attorney is trying to use the first amendment as justification for what I would consider murder. This is a murder disguised as a suicide as evidence that she was trying to cover up her part in this case. Guardian Angel? More like the Angel of Death and she be treated as an adult.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.