Finebaum Interviews Saban for ESPN's Outside the Lines

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think the 8 teams good enough quote was accurate. It's just that there's always an element of luck. Any given year how many teams in the country are good enough? It's usually at least three or four right? They just have injuries, bad luck, tough matchups (say Alabama vs. Florida in 2008 and 2009), etc...
No doubt. That is why I'm not one to jump in the haterade line whenever a team fails. I'm tough on what I expect - er, hope - for my Tide but I'm not going to deny that 2014 wasn't a dang good year. The same for 2008. The further we get away from those 2 losses in the SECCG and Sugar Bowl, the more I appreciate what that season meant in context. 2010 and 2013 are the only years that have a sense of disappointment to me. We just kinda blew the 2013 championship bid in the worst sorta way. 1980 MSU must've hurt but at least it wasn't Auburn, right? :/ 2010 just felt like that team never really grabbed their A-game though they clearly had the talent to find that other gear.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
1980 MSU sucked...I was 14 and was butt hurt bad! 2010 there were a lot of injuries and once most of the injured healed up for the bowl game....that bowl game showed what that team could have been the entire year if they had stayed healthy.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Yep. And I think there is so much about him that folks don't know. We all, Alabama fans and rival fans alike, think we "know" Nick Saban. And our perceptions are ingrained and seemingly unchangeable. But I feel like if we truly knew him, perhaps those perceptions would change. I mean, in just that 3 minute segment, I saw a side of him I hadn't seen before.

I'd love it if he could coach 16 more years here at Alabama. I loved his honesty about his feelings about his teams... they've all been capable but some have just fell a bit short. And that drives him to keep coming back for more.

I'm looking forward to seeing the full interview.
I am lucky to have a couple of good friends that played for Coach Bryant in the 70's. They really did have much one on one time with CPB but when they , he made them feel like he was coaching them for life not for football. It seems we have another man that I am proud, very damn proud to be the head coach at the University of Alabama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
I love me some Coach Saban! I would vote him Czar of College Football ... just not until after he was 80. I want him to stay at Bama until at least then :) RTR

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Speaking of Finebaum.......he just has a segment with Jen Bielema.....great interview.

I have to say Jen is the HOTTEST coach's wife in football!

Lucky Bret! :cool:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
^^

We're assuming you mean Head Football Coach's wives . . . Otherwise, how 'bout Layla Kiffin. Waay above average. [sorry I don't know how to post pics]

https://zdeaconblue.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/lk1.jpg
Layla is smokin' hawt as well. I'm not going to make that call but here's your pic and for now that's all that counts! :D

..and she was attracted to Bielema because ??? I'll let the ladies answer this one lol
I know what you're saying Sip, but if you watched the interview I think there's more to it than the $ - I really don't know much about CBB's personality or demeanor but FTR she did say some things that seemed to imply they were a good fit (no pun intended).

Think "Frog Prince".

I'm happy for them - and also glad to see Arky back in contention - it makes our conference stronger and adds more interest in our games and season.

Not a lady but perhaps he also loves small hairy dust rags. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL....I'm not big on little dogs myself (mine are in the 40lb. range) but they do provide a lot of companionship to many people.

Don't try to understand how they think, its easier on our man brains that way...

:)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.