Question: What do you think our first offensive play from scrimmage will be?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This is exactly what I would think. I wouldn't run him up the middle on the first play. He's oddly more devastating in space than up the middle, and I would think Wisky will try and plug the middle on the first offensive play.
Good point about him being better around end. Think it's fair to say Wisky has probably watched plenty of film on him to know that's where he's best.

I wouldn't expect much trickeration early in the game, but a reverse would probably work well if Wisky is defending the run around one of the ends.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Henry in the backfield. Drake at the slot WR on the short side of the field with Stewart. Howard split out to the wide side with Foster.

Drake starts in motion, ball snapped. playfake to Henry to the short side. Howard runs slant/seam. Foster runs a 10 yard hitch. Drake runs the wheel.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Wouldn't be surprised if CLK whistles and the original called play is modified/changed at line. That stated, I expect a run involving Henry. RTR

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Let the whisky "D" dictate the play. You can rest assured that Whisky will stack the box against the run all night long, they have been reading about us not having very good and unproven receivers that couldn't catch a cold and none of our QBs could hit the broad side of a barn.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Ace formation, two tight ends, Coker at QB, Henry at RB, with play-action to Henry - designed to hit Ardarius Stewart on a deep post. Foster runs a drag as the second receiving option with Henry leaking out to the flat as the check-down.

Yeah, I'm greedy. :)

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I`d throw it. I agree. They`ll load the box and go man on our WR`s and make us prove we can throw. I`d clear out with the WR`s and roll somebody out in a mid-zone underneath them.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
For the Tide, Henry running between the tackles for a two yard gain. For Whisky, a post pattern and a long pass to test the defensive secondary. Receiver will be wide open but the ball will be overthrown.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Just to thumb his nose at the media tormenting him about the QB I think he will send the offense out with a wildcat package and Drake or Henry will take a direct snap straight up the middle. Unless kiffin calls it in which case it will be a long pass down the sideline.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.