College Football's Grid of Shamelessness . . . from the Wall Street Journal

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As much as I hate Michigan, I think that Harbaugh's approach in his first spring/summer leading up to his first season was pretty smart. The cupboards were bare and the program was lost in the wilderness. He needed to raise awareness that he was there, and that change was coming. Also, a lot of what he was doing came at the direction of their leadership, so this was not all Harbaugh.

Sometimes you have to take risks and be bold. Now, let's see if he can win at Michigan.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
As much as I hate Michigan, I think that Harbaugh's approach in his first spring/summer leading up to his first season was pretty smart. The cupboards were bare and the program was lost in the wilderness. He needed to raise awareness that he was there, and that change was coming. Also, a lot of what he was doing came at the direction of their leadership, so this was not all Harbaugh.

Sometimes you have to take risks and be bold. Now, let's see if he can win at Michigan.
Agreed. Harbaugh has to change the current perception of the program. He's had the right approach this year.

What concerns me most about the chart is that there are 4 programs in the far right "Powerhouse" column - and Baylor is one of them. Is Baylor really considered a powerhouse? My thought is no.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Agreed. Harbaugh has to change the current perception of the program. He's had the right approach this year.

What concerns me most about the chart is that there are 4 programs in the far right "Powerhouse" column - and Baylor is one of them. Is Baylor really considered a powerhouse? My thought is no.
Unfortunately, with the way football is played now, (rule changes, gimmicks, & etc..) Baylor is considered a powerhouse.....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Unfortunately, with the way football is played now, (rule changes, gimmicks, & etc..) Baylor is considered a powerhouse.....
And Briles is as big a whiner as exists as a head coach - reminds me of Stoops (in a bad way).

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I like the way CJH has approached the UM job. He's got to do something to stop CUM and the osu juggernaut. If he were our coach, we would all be saying, "YES!"

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.