Link: Saban Confirms Some Message Board Talk - Cyrus Might Play Some Offense

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
He might can help us on offense. I don't like his ability as a defensive back. I don't buy how good he's supposed to be.
If he is, then I'm wrong. That simple. But give me Brown and Humphrey and I'll take my chances.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He might can help us on offense. I don't like his ability as a defensive back. I don't buy how good he's supposed to be.
If he is, then I'm wrong. That simple. But give me Brown and Humphrey and I'll take my chances.
Sip, go back and watch some games. He was a lockdown corner last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Sip, go back and watch some games. He was a lockdown corner last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not agreeing that he was, but I'm not gonna argue that he wasn't. It's a "Tweener"!
But, he did a good job, and his absolute best, no doubt about that.
I respect him for learning to play defense as the coaches asked him to do.
The thing that kills me, was that I saw how much potential he had on offense. The kid can flat out explode as a punt returner or slot receiver, and that's why we recruited him, at least I thought.
I have nothing but best wishes for Cyrus, but I'll betcha he scores an offensive TD before he scores on an INT! :)
Either way...it's fine with me :)
sip

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Most coaches want to get their best athletes the most chances to make plays. I believe this is nothing more than that. It's not an indictment on our recievers. They are all fine they just lack experience. He would probably be meant more as a distraction than an actual target.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
After the VMA Awards this past weekend, I'm just glad it isn't Miley Cyrus ya'll are talking about...
She aint no role model, but I have no problem with young women showing skin. :eek2:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
head scratcher for me as well. as far as his performance last year, i think he did a good job. His coverage isnt an issue. it's his height. he's going up against much bigger WR's at times. whatever he's listed at, subtract an inch.

atlbama

2nd Team
Nov 18, 2005
Dunwoody, GA
Guys, think about it for a moment. There might be a package where He could be on the field for five plays on offense throughout the game. It's not bad at all. It increase his marketability for NFL especially theyre doing the same with Drake as WR and RB. I wouldnt be suprised to see Delionte Thompson ( I know I spelled his first name wrong) play some WR next year or so... Think about it.. You have Drake and Jones playing multiple positions.... NFL will take notice of that.
It may be the high school kids who will take more notice. It can help recruiting the uber talented athletes who all think they are the next Deon Sanders.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.