South Carolina vs North Carolina

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Thoughts postgame:

USC looked average to me...especially on offense as they had little or no consistency...could not gain 1 yard @ the 10 with 2 chances...and a far bigger offensive line. They will get better...but no way they win the SEC East...

UNC was supposed to be an offensive juggernaut with little or no defense. Moved the ball at will...and then would just shut down when they got close to scoring. QB is talented but inconsistent. They better be glad they play in the ACC...and with that they may go 7-6 at best.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Don't know if its been mentioned, but South Carolina never ever looks good in their opening game.

I would not be shocked at all if they turned around and beat Georgia in a couple of weeks. But UNC lost that game last night more than South Carolina won it.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
It was a rough game, but the key takeaways for me were:

1. They fought hard all game long.
2. The defense was swarming to the ball.
3. Spurrier needs to recognize that he has a damn good running back in Carson, and stop screwing around on short yardage situations.

They're rough as all get out, but they looked a damn sight better than this time last year.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I didn't see much of the first half. UNC could have easily won that game (and yes that was a bogus 4th down denial but it didn't determine the outcome) if they had a QB and db's/lb's who could hold on to potential interceptions. They had their chances.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
USC needs to get their defense tight. I think this is a team that could catch fire in middle of the season... but they definitely look better they did last year.e.. They could be that team that will fight to the end and win most of the game... This is a bowl eligible team.. i see this team as 9 win team.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
One thing USC did show was a blueprint for slowing the HUNH. Milk the clock. They ran play clock down to single digits almost every play. They were slow getting to the huddle. They took full advantage of substitution rules on defense to offset UNC subs and delay the play. While usc's offense overall was not great, the one part of their game plan that worked well was to limit UNC's plays and possessions. The UNC offensive players were visibly frustrated and the UNC coaching staff became impatient. The HUNH is an impatient offense, slowing the game down was a very effective way to slow the HUNH.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.