South Carolina vs North Carolina

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
They are at the Panthers stadium in Charlotte. Hard to fill up, I'm thinking.
Re: The crowd. Bank of America Stadium seats 73,000. There were "allegedly" 20,000 tickets unsold. SC said they could have filled it up were it not for the high prices. $70 for upper level, $252 for club seats.

Whoever set these prices needs to have their head examined.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: The crowd. Bank of America Stadium seats 73,000. There were "allegedly" 20,000 tickets unsold. SC said they could have filled it up were it not for the high prices. $70 for upper level, $252 for club seats.

Saw someone else make a valid point - it's a 6:00 kickoff, so fans would have to take most of - if not the entire - day off to make the trip.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS

IMHO, ticket prices have gotten out of hand all over.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Or have someone explain the concept of price elasticity of demand.

They keep showing video from the USCe Student Union. A bunch of students who chose not to buy ticket. Let's see, how much did this game make from those students? X times x, carry the zero... Yep, that's it, zero.

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I also heard the game was scheduled for Saturday but was moved to Thursday on request of ESPN.

Harmless

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 3, 2015
Franklin, TN
I also heard the game was scheduled for Saturday but was moved to Thursday on request of ESPN.
I wonder whether the sports industry has pushed the economics too far. They are diminishing attendance by slotting games for TV convenience. Ticket prices might have reached a max. Just wait till TV contracts come up for renewal, and the cable/satellite TV audience is ... what ... 10% lower? 20% lower by then?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.