TCU at Minnesota

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Minnesota is a much improved team the last couple of years, so I want to give them credit for playing well against TCU.

Defense is typically ahead if Offense this early in the season, so I don't THINK you can take too much away from this game going forward.

We'll see how it plays out, but I still expect TCU to run through the Big12 baring injury.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I was extremely unimpressed with TCU. After watching them dismantle OM in the Peach Bowl, I expected to see some real football. It looks like if Boykin gets hurt, their season is over.
I thought they would win by 60. Not 6. They were not impressive in the least. Of course, Minnesota had something to do with that. I would love to have seen the upset here.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Minnesota is a much improved team the last couple of years, so I want to give them credit for playing well against TCU.

Defense is typically ahead if Offense this early in the season, so I don't THINK you can take too much away from this game going forward.

We'll see how it plays out, but I still expect TCU to run through the Big12 baring injury.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
As I mentioned earlier, one of the announcers raised that question about protecting a lead and TCU will feel pressure to score as much as possible early to protect leads in games plus, given their high preseason ranking and little opportunity to make a splash until late in the season, they must protect their playoff rank. It is likely that TCU could drop significantly just due to the "what have you done lately" factor, but still be close enough to get themselves back into the final 4 with a strong finish. If they drop too far, however, the mountain could be too steep even with a strong finish.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Before anyone over-reacts in either direction:

1) Minnesota returns 13 starters from a team that went 8-5 last year; this is not the Minnesota of 6-7 years ago

2) It was an opening road game for TCU

3) Those 13 returning starters only lost to Ohio State by 7 points last year - the same margin we lost to the Buckeyes, and if you saw that game they matched up rather well with tOSU.

4) Everyone was rusty on both teams and not in the groove yet (not every team starts with the precision of the 2012 Tide against Michigan)

5) Don't sell K-State short on TCU's schedule, and the game is in Manhattan - right after TCU's home date with Texas.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I will say this... I was only impressed by Boykin and a few of his receivers but tcu as a whole wasn't so impressive. If they play like that against ou and ksu then they are in trouble

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.