5 Predictions for Alabama vs Wisconsin - 247sports

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Five-predictions-for-Alabama-Wisconsin-39155347

Second article that was under the Drake like Reggie Bush article....in case some missed it.

Stunt punting aside, Scott's presence will be felt from a field position standpoint.

The sophomore posted a net average a season ago of 44.7 yards. Wisconsin, on the other hand, netted just 33.7 per punt in 2014. Do the math on that when factoring in field position for this one.

Alabama will win by a score of 29-13: Saban is on record (repeatedly) as wanting to get back to what his Alabama teams used to do.

From that standpoint, if this Alabama defensive front is as good as I think it is, it should be able to strike a blow to the Badgers where they live: up front. If that happens, chances for that increase in takeaways Saban wants to see will go up as Stave is forced to go to the air more than he would like.

As for the offense, for a unit breaking in all-new passing game personnel, this should be the perfect opportunity for the Crimson Tide to find out if it can get back to physically dominating opponents. And with Scott and the defense keeping the offense on the short field for most of the game, scoring opportunities shouldn't be hard to come by.

We'll go into this one wondering about offensive skill positions. Here's thinking we'll come out of it talking about Alabama's lines of scrimmage. Sort of like old times.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I have one prediction for the game. I do not know if it has been brought up but if JK Scott punts in this game, he will hit that scoreboard in Jerry World. Count on it! :)

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I have one prediction for the game. I do not know if it has been brought up but if JK Scott punts in this game, he will hit that scoreboard in Jerry World. Count on it! :)
It was in the linked story:
"A JK Scott punt will hit the massive video board inside AT&T Stadium: It wouldn't be the first time the home entertainment center on roids has been struck by a punt."

asteele327

Jun 18, 2015
This season, if our O line can consistently pick up 3rd down conversions of 1-3 yards, IMHO, we`ll win a lot of football games.
If our defense can consistently make stops on 3rd down conversions of 9+ yards we'll win a lot of football games. Neither side of the ball were very solid in easy situations in big games last year.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Does anyone know what the call is when that occurs? If I'm not mistaken the ball is dead where it hits the foreign object.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Here's one prediction: there's been so much talk about how Alabama's defense wants to review stab Lish its dominance. All the talk about how salty be his defense he is and how special this defense will be. I can confirm all of that but I also have it on good authority that our offense of line feels The same way. This group of guys wants to get back to the dominating lines that we had in years past. And with OJ Howard moving more toward an H bank type role and with us using Dakota ball as an in-line blocker, I think that we have our Travis McCall and/or Michael Williams.

To steal a phrase from our basketball program, buckle up!

Tradition4ever

1st Team
Oct 16, 2004
Carlsbad, NM
I agree strongly with the author's comparison of this game to last season's Arkansas game. I feel like the comparisons between this Wisconsin team and last year's Arky team are pretty spot on: an average yet experienced QB, physical type offense that's not known to be explosive, experienced defense. One thing that concerns me is how different will Paul Chryst use this team as opposed to Gary Andersen's style last season. What real film do the Bama coaches have to prepare for this game? Do they watch last season's Wisconsin games and then pop in tape from Pittsburgh last season as well?

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Here's one prediction: there's been so much talk about how Alabama's defense wants to review stab Lish its dominance. All the talk about how salty be his defense he is and how special this defense will be. I can confirm all of that but I also have it on good authority that our offense of line feels The same way. This group of guys wants to get back to the dominating lines that we had in years past. And with OJ Howard moving more toward an H bank type role and with us using Dakota ball as an in-line blocker, I think that we have our Travis McCall and/or Michael Williams.

To steal a phrase from our basketball program, buckle up!
Glad to hear it. I'm very confident in this team. There are playmakers all over both sides of the ball. If the attitude is right we will be a handful for anyone

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.