Game Thread: Post-game thread: Bama defeats Wisconsin 35-17

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Question for those that know more about the rules than I do: why was Marlon Humphrey called for PI at the beginning of the 3rd quarter? I thought face-guarding was legal in college? Herbstreit made it sound like it wasn't.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm re watching the game and the fly sweep motion is used beautifully. We have a WR running to the weak side of the formation as the ball is snapped and then we have a TE pull to the strong side. Really keeps the defense off balance.

On another note, Dalvin Tomlinson has batted 3 balls down at the LOS..

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Question for those that know more about the rules than I do: why was Marlon Humphrey called for PI at the beginning of the 3rd quarter? I thought face-guarding was legal in college? Herbstreit made it sound like it wasn't.
I noticed that was one of two calls made by the back judge on the Wisconsin side line after the Wisky coaches and players went nuts.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I didn't think there was enough contact to warrant the penalty. The announcers made it seems like the penalty was called because MH didn't turn his head. I didn't think face-guarding was a penalty in college..
I think the announcers got it wrong. When the play occurred, I thought the ball reached the player before contact but after I saw the replay, I think the ref got it right. Looked like contact before the ball arrived.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Sip and Moro,

Please expound.

I had a few obnoxiously loud, swear-word laden, outbursts early in the game, but was finally able to breathe deeply and smile shortly after halftime. At this point, if you don't see Bama as easily one of the best teams in the country with as good a chance at the playoffs as anyone, please explain why.

By saying that we better improve quickly, I will assume you are referring to concerns about the Ole Miss game in two weeks. We traditionally DRILL Ole Miss at home and they give us trouble in Oxford. Are you saying that without significant improvement we stand to lose that game?

Disclaimer: I also believe we need to improve. It was the first game. That is normal. We are coached by THE MASTER when it comes to identifying the areas of needed improvement and driving for those improvements.

WE.

WILL.

BE.

FINE.

That is all
To expound would get me roasted. :smile:

BamaSully

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Jackson, TN
Understood. No problem. I am just like Pacman eating those little pellets when it comes to any news about Bama football. I thought you might have an angle on our current status that I would enjoy hearing....and chewing on for a while.....and severely overanalyzing

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Here's something to chew on for next two weeks.... I think we kept lot of playcalling short as possible...Ole miss has nothing to really go on for the next two weeks... They're planning with last year tapes and the last two games which is basically really nothing but motions, running games... I keep hearing that we'll see lot of new things that opposing teams haven't seen... I think Ole miss will be caught with their pants down early on...

We saw Henry and Drake on field at same time. Foster, Ridley, Mullaney.. Good grief.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.