Game Thread: Post-game thread: Bama defeats Wisconsin 35-17

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Yeah, that kings sounds like me. Try to control that pessimistic side and all.....

sent from my big ol' note 4

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Is anybody else as excited about seeing more of Calvin Ridley as I am? Wow. He just jumped off the TV screen at me. His cuts, the way he catches the ball (snatches it with his hands), the way he accelerates upfield after catching it. Wow once more. Coker underthrew him by a hair on the long ball, but go back and watch his route... his cut, his fluidity. Looked reminiscent of Cooper to me. I'm anxious to see more.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I was curious if this was underthrown or he was faster than expected. I've heard that Coker had a cannon, so I'm hoping that we didn't see the limit of his range.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I watched all of the Bama game and a great majority of the TCU and Auburn games. I can't say we showed the complete dominance needed to put us in OSU territory, but absolutely no way should we be below the barn and TCU. Not at this point. Did Galloway's list continue past #5? Where was Bama--or where would Bama be--on his list?? Would he put Stanford above us? Did he draw team names out of a hat for his list? Wow.
He had a top 6. We weren't mentioned.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I was curious if this was underthrown or he was faster than expected. I've heard that Coker had a cannon, so I'm hoping that we didn't see the limit of his range.
Yeah, but he doesn't always use it properly. He WAY underthrew a wide open Stewart down the right side.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Yeah, but he doesn't always use it properly. He WAY underthrew a wide open Stewart down the right side.
I thought the ball may have slipped out of his hand when he made that throw; it was so far off the mark. Coach Kiffin looked really disappointed on that one too because the play had developed just as planned.

Last edited:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

I think at least one of those passes was thrown late, which will result in a under throw because WR basically outruns the ball.

One of them was well thrown but Stewart slowed down a little. All of this seems correctable and should get better with reps.

Even though CNS hasn't officially said it, I think Coker is the guy now unless catastrophic happens.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Let's just shut down the message board then. No need for discussion.

I believe I've seen somebody say that before. ;)
I'm all for discussion. Would like folks to expound on what they expected rather than just say they think the entire team needs to get better after that performance.

That game was a pretty solid opening game considering the new guys playing. Not to mention it was much better than the performances by comparable teams (TCU, Auburn, and Michigan State).

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
The D was good. Some bright spots and some 'wait and see'areas. I want to see us against the HUNH. That will tell us if the D is as goodas we hope. O was sufficient. I think it will improve as we go. We stopped thelong ball and yards after catch. That alone is a big improvement. The penaltiesare unreal. I hope this is not a trend for us.

Last edited:

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
1. I'm not worried yet about JK. He'll be fine.

2. Having Coker the QB is going to be an emotional rollercoaster. I totally support him if he continues being the starter. But, his bad plays are really bad and I'm worried it's going bite us hard. 5th year senior, he is what he's going to be. I hoped a younger guy could've developed and overtook him.

3. Looks like Henry figured out how to get that weight moving faster. Too often in the past he would need a few lateral steps to build up speed before turning it upfield.

4. Very surprised that Drake appears to be at full speed. That's normally a two year recovery.

5. Pass D will improve. It actually has. We didn't see those long bombs killing us last night. Short routes over the middle, sure. But I tend to agree with Jess' assessment that that is a deficiency of the D scheme. Coaches will address it.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I'm all for discussion. Would like folks to expound on what they expected rather than just say they think the entire team needs to get better after that performance.

That game was a pretty solid opening game considering the new guys playing. Not to mention it was much better than the performances by comparable teams (TCU, Auburn, and Michigan State).
Now what would Tidefans be without our resident Nervous Nellies, Eternal Eeyores, and AU Apologists! :)

I do agreed with what you saying. It was a very solid effort for the first game except Special Teams, which were pretty much abysmal.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
College football holds a big place in the hearts of many people. For many of us, it is the highlight of our Fall. It's easy to forget that it is still a game.

I applaud the trainers and coaches on the Wisconsin sideline for recognizing #7 Caputo's concussion in the first minutes of the game and keeping him out of the remaining contest, even when he was apparently asking to go back in. He was crucial to their defensive game plan.

For that, Wisconsin has my highest professional respect.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
1. I'm not worried yet about JK. He'll be fine.
I wish I was as confident about JK, but Herbstreit saying he had struggled all fall camp was alarming. I hope he gets it turned around.

2. Having Coker the QB is going to be an emotional rollercoaster. I totally support him if he continues being the starter. But, his bad plays are really bad and I'm worried it's going bite us hard. 5th year senior, he is what he's going to be. I hoped a younger guy could've developed and overtook him.
I didn't think Coker did anything really bad. He took a few sacks that he shouldn't and under threw couple of long balls, but it was very solid otherwise. It was his first start at actual game speed, and he had better first game than GMac, AJ, or Blake Sims in their first starts. In fact, Coker is the only one of the four not to throw an INT in their debut. [/QUOTE]

3. Looks like Henry figured out how to get that weight moving faster. Too often in the past he would need a few lateral steps to build up speed before turning it upfield.
Totally agree!

4. Very surprised that Drake appears to be at full speed. That's normally a two year recovery.
I agree it's pleasantly surprising to see him full speed, but that type of injury is really not as bad it looks. Treadwell at Ole Miss had the same type of injury much later in the season last year, and he looked great yesterday as well. That's actually not as bad of an injury as an ACL, even though it physically looks much worse.

5. Pass D will improve. It actually has. We didn't see those long bombs killing us last night. Short routes over the middle, sure. But I tend to agree with Jess' assessment that that is a deficiency of the D scheme. Coaches will address it.
Agreed. I think they are better, and after they adjusted at halftime to take away the short passes, they played very well.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
College football holds a big place in the hearts of many people. For many of us, it is the highlight of our Fall. It's easy to forget that it is still a game.

I applaud the trainers and coaches on the Wisconsin sideline for recognizing #7 Caputo's concussion in the first minutes of the game and keeping him out of the remaining contest, even when he was apparently asking to go back in. He was crucial to their defensive game plan.

For that, Wisconsin has my highest professional respect.
I hated seeing Caputo get knocked out of the game like that, being a captain and team leader. I knew he had a head injury when he walked back to our huddle. Hope he recovers and has a great season.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I wish I was as confident about JK, but Herbstreit saying he had struggled all fall camp was alarming. I hope he gets it turned around.
I would characterize that news as the shocker of the night for me.

I follow the team as closely as I can from up here, and that is the first I'd heard of this...

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Really the only thing that concerns me is special teams. Again.
This. After improving last year, I'm afraid it looks like kicking game may be headed back to dumpster fire status. Very frustrating. Other than that and the penalties, great opening win by the Tide!

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
But is Herbstreit right? I mean, wouldn't bad punting have been noticed during the media viewing period? Admiringly, I have no idea if they are punting at that point.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
But is Herbstreit right? I mean, wouldn't bad punting have been noticed during the media viewing period? Admiringly, I have no idea if they are punting at that point.
I attended a scrimmage at BDS a couple of weeks ago, and JK struggled in that one. He had one beautiful 50 yarder, and the rest looked like what we saw last night - ranging from average to awful.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think we'll be okay.

I do have questions for this week: Will we see some people moving up/down on depth chart...Ross/Bozeman? Ridley/Black? Minkah/Brown? Hump/Brown?

I wish Sims got some more playing time to get used to it...

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Coker looked a lot better than I thought he would. I feel much better about the QB position and our ability to go vertical. Timing of course still needs to be worked on, but overall can't fault him for much. CLK has impressed me with the way he coaches the QBs and Offense allowing both of them to be successful.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.