Is Texas becoming a laughing stock?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Just took a peek at 24/7 recruiting. What does it say about your "elite" program when you are ranked THIRTY-THREE with Baylor #14, TCU #20 and even Houston, Duke and Kentucky ranked ahead of you? Seriously, Duke and Kentucky and it is FOOTBALL :rolleyes:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They'll make it back...don't know if it'll be with CCS, but like most traditional powers, they'll eventually make it back.

During the late 90's and early 2000's the rest of college football looked at us the same way.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
They'll make it back...don't know if it'll be with CCS, but like most traditional powers, they'll eventually make it back.

During the late 90's and early 2000's the rest of college football looked at us the same way.
I agree with your post, but because of their ARROGANCE, I hope it's at least a couple of decades.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
This is interesting, seems OU now has a problem with UT which seems funny since they've been joined at the hip during all the Big 12 moves.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...sidents-ominous-comments-dysfunctional-big-12
Since Texas doesn't share part of that $15 million per year from ESPN with the rest of the Big 12-2, does Oklahoma have to share part of that College Football Playoff money with UTw? Why do they call it the Big 12-2? Because it's really Texas and a few INSIGNIFICANT others. What benefits do the INSIGNIFICANT members of this conference have?

I think it's time for the Sooners to look elsewhere for conference membership! Are they afraid that they would lose some Texas recruits if they were to leave? I don't think they would.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Since Texas doesn't share part of that $15 million per year from ESPN with the rest of the Big 12-2, does Oklahoma have to share part of that College Football Playoff money with UTw? Why do they call it the Big 12-2? Because it's really Texas and a few INSIGNIFICANT others. What benefits do the INSIGNIFICANT members of this conference have?

I think it's time for the Sooners to look elsewhere for conference membership! Are they afraid that they would lose some Texas recruits if they were to leave? I don't think they would.
To hear OU fans tell it, it is Okie State that is in the way of them leaving the conference--not Texas. Supposedly their state legislature has enough votes to keep it from happening unless the pokes are part of a package deal.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
To hear OU fans tell it, it is Okie State that is in the way of them leaving the conference--not Texas. Supposedly their state legislature has enough votes to keep it from happening unless the pokes are part of a package deal.
Instead of them leaving, is it possible for other members to kick UT out? They could then add 3 other teams to reach 12 and be more in line with the other power five conferences. That would make sense to me. Let Big Tex be an independent while they add Houston, BYU, etc.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Look at these quarterbacks that Texas puts out 2006 to 2011. They picked picked the wrong guys. The deal is that there are so many good players in Texas that they cannot grade them. Many 3 stars would be 4 stars in other states.

2006 Recruiting Class:

Jevan Snead - #8 player in Texas, #2 QB, 4 star
Matthew Stafford - #1 player in Texas, #1 QB, 5 star (Georgia)

2007 Recruiting Class:

Ryan Mallett - #1 player in Texas, #1 QB, 5 star (Michigan)
Ryan Tannehill - #88 player in Texas, #7 QB, 3 star (Texas A&M)
Nick Foles - #99 player in Texas, #8 QB, 3 star (Michigan State)

2008 Recruiting Class

Andrew Luck - #9 player in Texas, #1 QB, 4 star (Stanford)
Robert Griffin III - #42 player in Texas, #2 QB, 4 star (Baylor)
Darron Thomas - #43 player in Texas, #3 QB, 4 star (Oregon)

2009 Recruiting Class

Garrett Gilbert - #3 player in Texas, #2 QB, 5 star (Alarm sounding)

2010 Recruiting Class

James Franklin - #20 player in Texas, #2 QB, 4 star

2011 Recruiting Class

David Ash - #25 player in Texas, #3 QB, 3 star (Texas recruit)
Johnny Manziel - #36 player in Texas, #4 QB, 3 star (Texas A&M)

And
Jameis Winston - #1 QB in nation, #10 player overall, 5 star
"If I'd gotten offer from Texas, I'd be going to Texas right now." Winston told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

Its a Mack Brown/Charlie Strong problem

Last edited:

tidegrandpa

All-American
Look at these quarterbacks that Texas puts out 2006 to 2011. They picked picked the wrong guys. The deal is that there are so many good players in Texas that they cannot grade them. Many 3 stars would be 4 stars in other states.

2006 Recruiting Class:

2007 Recruiting Class:

2008 Recruiting Class

2009 Recruiting Class

2010 Recruiting Class

2011 Recruiting Class

And
"If I'd gotten offer from Texas, I'd be going to Texas right now." Winston told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

Greg McElroy not on the list.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

2006 Recruiting Class:

2007 Recruiting Class:

2008 Recruiting Class

2009 Recruiting Class

2010 Recruiting Class

2011 Recruiting Class

And

How can you include Charlie while not including QBs from classes from recruiting classes since he arrived?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
How can you include Charlie while not including QBs from classes from recruiting classes since he arrived?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a good point.This is about Mack Brown post Colt.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.