Is Texas becoming a laughing stock?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Yep, that sounds just like Bevo U. They brought this on themselves. Whether CCS is the guy to fix it remains to be seen. Knowing Bevo U., they are not the type of folks who will give him the time or resources, that will be needed.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
This one will be tough to explain if the class is that weak after NSD. Losing games because you have to throw out the baby with the bath water and start over is one thing. Not being able to recruit in the state of Texas is unforgivable.
I seem to remember something Saban said when facing the same issues. Something like we will not hurt our team, but if you are not on board, you become replaceable. Maybe someone else remembers what he said better.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I seem to remember something Saban said when facing the same issues. Something like we will not hurt our team, but if you are not on board, you become replaceable. Maybe someone else remembers what he said better.
Totally agree, but Saban was able to recruit from day 1. When he ran players off, he generally had better players to move into their spot pretty quickly. If Strong can't recruit in Texas, none of the other stuff I going to help. It still takes talent to win, no matter how good the coach is.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban also said he couldn't kick off as many players in 2007 as he wanted because he realized he would have lost too many games. That makes me wonder if Charlie got rid of many guys last year.

22Musso22

It was great to see Charlie bask in the sun for a change. I don't like Texas, but I think he is a classy guy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.