Question: Defense versus Ole Miss

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
What type of defense do you think we will run against Ole Miss. I was wandering because I believe they will try to test our DBs early after most of Wisconsin's yards came through the air. I was thinking having 5 DBs might discourage this but then we would have to rely heavily on our dline to pressure the qb.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What type of defense do you think we will run against Ole Miss. I was wandering because I believe they will try to test our DBs early after most of Wisconsin's yards came through the air. I was thinking having 5 DBs might discourage this but then we would have to rely heavily on our dline to pressure the qb.
It's hard to judge. Treadwell is their best player, tunsil will undoubtably start, and Kelly is the key. I think freeze would be stupid not to pass against us, and we would probably be better off trying to rush. I think the bigger question is will our offense be able to move on them. I think we win close, but it pretty much sets up as a toss up game. Would've rather switched the dates of the UGA and ole miss games.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
Almost all of whiskey s yards came from rb's out of backfield in pass game(resposibility of lb's to cover). Ole miss throws to wr's. That will mean us playing a lot of knickel

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
[MAP][/MAP]
It's hard to judge. Treadwell is their best player, tunsil will undoubtably start, and Kelly is the key. I think freeze would be stupid not to pass against us, and we would probably be better off trying to rush. I think the bigger question is will our offense be able to move on them. I think we win close, but it pretty much sets up as a toss up game. Would've rather switched the dates of the UGA and ole miss games.
I'm guessing that Coach wants this one quite badly. I'm also guessing we will be more than ready. I think that it will be a bit of a lopsided game that we win by 20....

Freeze is about to get taught a lesson, I'm guessing.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
[MAP][/MAP]

I'm guessing that Coach wants this one quite badly. I'm also guessing we will be more than ready. I think that it will be a bit of a lopsided game that we win by 20....

Freeze is about to get taught a lesson, I'm guessing.
I hope you are right because we were supposed to teach sumlin alesson in 2013, and Gus a lesson in 2014 because coach wanted it bad but they ended up being worse performances by our defenses. Make no mistake if we don't get to Kelly then it's going to be a shoot out.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I hope you are right because we were supposed to teach sumlin alesson in 2013, and Gus a lesson in 2014 because coach wanted it bad but they ended up being worse performances by our defenses.
Both were wins, BTW.

I know for some that isn't enough, but I'm happy with the W.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Both were wins, BTW.

I know for some that isn't enough, but I'm happy with the W.
I said earlier in the thread that I thought we would win and it would be tough, but he responded by saying we would win by a lopsided win because of CNS wanting to teach Freeze a lesson. I was just pointing out the last two revenge games didn't exactly go as we wanted on the defensive side of the ball, I was happy with both end results.

Im saying like a 20-17 or 28-24 type of Prilosec game that we win. I would probably feel better if we had a few more games under our belt, but it is what is

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
They have two weeks for the NCAA to finish up that investigation. They better hope that happens. Otherwise, Bama's OLBs and DEs will become next door neighbors to Chad Kelly.

I said earlier in the thread that I thought we would win and it would be tough, but he responded by saying we would win by a lopsided win because of CNS wanting to teach Freeze a lesson. I was just pointing out the last two revenge games didn't exactly go as we wanted on the defensive side of the ball, I was happy with both end results.

Im saying like a 20-17 or 28-24 type of Prilosec game that we win. I would probably feel better if we had a few more games under our belt, but it is what is
People seem to forget Alabama was winning the TAMU game 42-21 entering the fourth quarter. They had to have a 95 yard pass play on one touchdown, which came after a fumble at the TAMU 4 yard line. That fumble doesn't happen, and Bama probably goes up 49-28 then. Their last score came with 15 seconds left in the game. It's not like it was a complete slugfest. 40% of their yardage and 50% of their scoring game in the final 15 minutes.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't care what anyone says about our defense.. What we saw this past weekend.. Hump did solid job. Jones was usually himself. Lot of plays were short to TE and RBs... so That bode well for us. IF Hump and Minkah can clean up their little mistakes... and I think they will.. Ole miss will have hard time getting points against us. Drake wants this game so bad... I think Everyone on the team has this game circled on their calender.. I expect us to try new things against Ole Miss... to throw them off.. I expect Drake to have huge game against them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.