Your Top Ten After Week One

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
My thoughts:

1. Ohio State: they are the defending champs, and looked impressive, albeit with flaws like everyone else.
2. Alabama: deserving to move up with an impressive win over a top 20 team. A lot of potential was displayed, but flaws as well.
3. TCU: dropping and will drop further if their performance doesn't improve. Minnesota is no slouch, and it was a road game, but the #2 team ought to be better than that.
4. Notre Dame: I was impressed with their athleticism. They looked legit. But Texas is a dumpster fire of a program right now.
5. UCLA: That was a great game for a true freshman QB, but he is a true freshman. I expect bumps in the road.
6. Georgia: Didn't watch their game but from the looks they appear to be top 10 material. We'll see in two weeks though (usual South Carolina letdown)
7. USC: Don't trust their coach but they're very talented.
8. Texas A&M: Very impressive win. The voters had them and Auburn mixed up (great offensive teams that hired good DCs).
9. Michigan State: Seemed to struggle with their opener but I expect they'll be ready to go this week against Oregon.
10. Oregon: I've got them here now, but they'll eventually drop. Starting this week.

Not top 10:

Auburn. They are easier to defend with Johnson at QB and Muschamp was never going to have an elite defense in year one. We'll see but I see them losing 3 or 4.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
If we are looking at solely top 10 performances from this weekend. #1 OSU for winning a true road game in an electric atmosphere.
#2 Texas A&M They beat probably the highest quality team any top 25 team faced, and they did it on a neutral site. Not only did they win, it never really got close.
#3 Bama. We played a complete, mistake free game on both sides of the ball against a quality opponent
#4 TCU They didn't play well, but again they beat a quality oponent in a true road game, in an electric atmosphere. Plus the last TD was a garbage TD anyways.
#5 Notre Dame. Texas isn't very good, but they were dominated thoroughly.

Unfortunately I don't have time to fill out a remaining top 10, but those were the teams I was most impressed by.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
A&M had a great win, but "never really got close"? It was a 3-point game to start the 4th quarter.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Bama, mistake free? What game did you watch?
As in there were no major mistakes made. No interceptions, no fumbles, the defense gave up no huge plays from being out of position. The kind of mistakes you expect a team to make the first game of the season, or a quarterback in his first start. I'm saying we managed the game well.

Of course there were "mistakes made," no game is perfect. The ones we made were minor and had no influence on the game.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
1. Ohio State
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Texas A&M
5. Notre Dame
6. TCU
7. Baylor
8. Michigan State
9. USC
10. Ucla

notably missing Oregon - gave up a ton of yards and points to Eastern Washington. Auburn - let a team come back they had beaten.

just outside Florida State and Clemson

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
An uneducated guess!
After one week I don't know how anyone can give a true ranking...
One question were would you rank their opponents?
1. Ohio State
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. UCLA
5. Michigan State
6. TCU
7. Notre Dame
8. Baylor
9. USC
10. Texas A&M

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
If we are basing this off of week one only why is OSU #1 on most ballots. There were more impressive teams. Heck , the buckeyes caught a break when. Brewer got hurt. They would of won anyway, but it would of been a closer game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.