Link: Check the box score from Middle Tennessee's 1st game, they won 70-14

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Check the box score from Middle Tennessee's 1st game , they won 70-14

That's impressive for sure, but, I'll be surprised & disappointed if our starters aren't on the sidelines midway through the 3rd watching their back-ups play..

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

I have five bucks that says they won't score 70 this Saturday. :)

Anyone wanna double down and take the Blue Raiders for the win?

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I don't think most fans realize that Middle Tennessee is one of the top teams in Conference USA, and will probably be a bowl team.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
They've got some players that are going to play in the NFL. Kevin Byard (safety) is probably the best Senior safety prospect in the country. I can guarantee you Nick Saban knows who he is. I do. Linebacker T.T. Barber too.

Shane Tucker (RB) and OT Darius Johnson are NFL prospects on offense.

They have talent to give a team like Alabama fits if they're not careful. Alabama needs to take these guys seriously.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Jackson State is a SWAC school, that conference is a joke these days.

Middle Tennessee isn't a total pushover, maybe a little better than USM last year.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
They've got some players that are going to play in the NFL. Kevin Byard (safety) is probably the best Senior safety prospect in the country. I can guarantee you Nick Saban knows who he is. I do. Linebacker T.T. Barber too.

Shane Tucker (RB) and OT Darius Johnson are NFL prospects on offense.

They have talent to give a team like Alabama fits if they're not careful. Alabama needs to take these guys seriously.
remember GA State a few years ago when they rushed for about 400 yards on us?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
remember GA State a few years ago when they rushed for about 400 yards on us?
I assume you're referencing the game against Georgia Southern in 2011 (302 yards rushing) - we won 45-21.

The last time we played Georgia State we beat them 45-3.

Either way, despite GA Southern's wicked triple-option, that game was never in question.

Alabama could bench every starter and beat MTSU handily. They're a decent team but have nowhere near the talent across the board. The only way MTSU actually threatens Bama is if we show up thinking just stepping on the filed = victory. Somehow I doubt that will be the case but posting about out confidence in the victory on this board has zero effect on the outcome of the game.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

MTSU also played with starters the whole game. I heard people around here in Tennessee saying that Jackson state is two divisions below MTSU (so they are smaller than Alabama A@M) so considering that its nothing to brag about. Its actually very unsportsmanlike if you ask me.
Jackson State is about 1/2 divisions below MTSU. 1AA as opposed to 1A. And they are not smaller than Alabama A&M because they are in the exact same conference. The SWAC.

FCS (Division I-AA Teams)

SWAC

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.