Calvin Ridley is Q U I C K !!!

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I've heard all the hype about Ridley in Summer drills and Fall camp. Once I noticed him on the field Saturday I sort of had my eye on him. This kid is the epitome of quick twitch. My wife nicknamed him Squirrel. I think he's gonna be all right.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The most impressive thing I saw from him was the route he ran when Coker under threw him. His full speed cut was very Amari Cooperish.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
The most impressive thing I saw from him was the route he ran when Coker under threw him. His full speed cut was very Amari Cooperish.
I was just going to say that his fluidity and effortless cuts reminded me a lot of Cooper...

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
What I found most impressive was that he was a point A to point B type player. When he caught the ball he would turn immediately up field and get all that he could.

A lot of the smaller, quicker receivers want to dance around and break a big one when it's not the right time to. Ridley already seems to have a very high football iq.

Sidenote, as quick as he is, I'm a bit surprised we dont have Ridley in on the return game.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
What I found most impressive was that he was a point A to point B type player. When he caught the ball he would turn immediately up field and get all that he could.

A lot of the smaller, quicker receivers want to dance around and break a big one when it's not the right time to. Ridley already seems to have a very high football iq.

Sidenote, as quick as he is, I'm a bit surprised we dont have Ridley in on the return game.

I agree, and this was the point I made during the game Saturday after seeing just how quick he is.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I was just going to say that his fluidity and effortless cuts reminded me a lot of Cooper...
Agreed, looks a lot like Amari Cooper on the field. If Ridley and Foster live up to potential, coupled with Stewart our WR corps is going to be deadly down the stretch.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Notice - Cross-post:

Is anybody else as excited about seeing more of Calvin Ridley as I am? Wow. He just jumped off the TV screen at me. His cuts, the way he catches the ball (snatches it with his hands), the way he accelerates upfield after catching it. Wow once more. Coker underthrew him by a hair on the long ball, but go back and watch his route... his cut, his fluidity. Looked reminiscent of Cooper to me. I'm anxious to see more.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Like all of you, I was super impressed with Ridley. The kid is one of those athletes that is so smooth, he doesn't seem like he's even trying when he's on the field. I'm excited about the team overall this year, but I'm super keen on watching this kid develop.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

IMO his quickness is best used as receiver, right where he is. He can create separation with that quickness and break away with his straight line speed after jump cutting or slashing to turn it up field. If he is used on special teams would probably be better suited for kick return than punts. Wouldn't be as effective starting from a dead stop on a punt return. And those hands are AMAZING! Obviously has a great catch radius.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.