News Article: Judy Carne, the 'sock-it-to-me' girl of the 1970s, has died

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
LONDON — Judy Carne, the British-born star of American TV's Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In, has died in a British hospital. She was 76.

She was famous for popularizing the "Sock it to Me" catchphrase on the hit TV show that ran from 1967 to 1973.

Laugh-In was one of the first shows to generate such signature phrases. The "Sock It To Me" phrase was so popular that even Richard Nixon, the former vice president then running for president, appeared on Laugh-In in September 1968 to utter it.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ock---me-girl-1970s-has-died-age-76/71903270/

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks, Bamaro.

RIP Ms Carne....she had some rough years after the Laugh-In era:

Carne was also known for her tumultuous relationship with Burt Reynolds. She was the actor’s first wife, marrying him in 1963 before they divorced in 1965. She detailed their relationship, confessing to partaking in several affairs and struggling with drug addiction, in her 1985 autobiography “Laughing on the Outside, Crying on the Inside: The Bittersweet Saga of the Sock-It-To-Me Girl.”

She battled heavily with drug addiction after leaving “Laugh-In,” being charged with heroin possession and prescription forgery in the late ’70s. She was acquitted of the heroin charge.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.