First post..from a UGA fan

Roll Dawgs

Mar 24, 2015
Hi guys... Greetings from a UGA alum. We certainly look forward to hosting Alabama in a few weeks. Should be a great battle. One thing is a given and that is UGA will not be having a blackout! Lesson learned on that one. ;) we have the utmost respect for your program - how can one not. Especially, for me personally as I have daughter who is a freshman at UA who pledged KD and lives in Tut. She is loving it. While she had several options for SEC schools, she chose UA because "it feels right". So far so good. This a girl who has attended UGA games since she was knee high as we are season ticket holders. Interestingly, her very first Bama game will be this weekend. I cannot wait to hear about it from her eyes. Till then, best of luck for the season with exception to Oct 3. New Tide fan here with my daughter.... Will keep you posted!

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Welcome. The UGA game should be a good one. I have 3 daughters who graduated from UGA. LOTS of smack talk ahead with them. Bama better have my back!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Welcome.

I have two nephews that are UGA grads and my brother served as adjunct faculty there. Makes for some fun times at family reunions! :)

Good luck to the Dawgs (except for a few weeks from now).

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Welcome aboard! Should be a very good, "grown man" type of game similar to the 2011 SEC Championship Game! We used to live in Atlanta but moved out here to Colorado a couple of years ago, so a lot of our friends are Georgia fans. We like to poke fun at the Dawgs but it's good when they win because our friends from back east seem to be in a much better mood ;-) Except for Oct 3, best of luck to you guys as well!

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Welcome, this may be the one game I get to go to this year. My brother and I have been trying to pick one and this looks promising for both of us. I have never been to a game in Athens.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Welcome to Tidefans. Good group of folks on here who are passionate about college football. Should be a real slobber knocker in Athens. My daughter's four years in Tuscaloosa delayed my retirement by two years; hope you have deep pockets. :wink:

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
Welcome "Roll Dawg"! I attended the "Blackout" game with several of my Dawg friends and really enjoyed the hospitality exhibited by the Georgia fans. Hopefully, on October 3rd both teams will be undefeated and healthy.

Roll Tide!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Well, I will be civil, considering you have a daughter at UA. Ordinarily I would warn to stay away from Bulldog fans. You guys were gracious after the blackout, but the game before when Bama had no QB, Sanford was inhospitable. I am friends with a big time Georgia man , BigDawg56 on Georgia sites, we use to talk a lot about recruiting until Saban was hired. We haven't talked much since then. Good luck, and Roll Tide.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Welcome. I remember my first game as a student. Missouri 1975 on a Monday night at Legion Field. Your daughter is about to have the time of her life.
Ugggh.... I still have nightmares about Tony Galbreath and Richard Todd in those high top black converse...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Hi guys... Greetings from a UGA alum. We certainly look forward to hosting Alabama in a few weeks. Should be a great battle. One thing is a given and that is UGA will not be having a blackout! Lesson learned on that one. ;) we have the utmost respect for your program - how can one not. Especially, for me personally as I have daughter who is a freshman at UA who pledged KD and lives in Tut. She is loving it. While she had several options for SEC schools, she chose UA because "it feels right". So far so good. This a girl who has attended UGA games since she was knee high as we are season ticket holders. Interestingly, her very first Bama game will be this weekend. I cannot wait to hear about it from her eyes. Till then, best of luck for the season with exception to Oct 3. New Tide fan here with my daughter.... Will keep you posted!
Welcome and very classy first post. Roll Tide Dawg!

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
Welcome Roll Dawgs. You've definitely picked the right board. I've lived in Kathleen, GA (Houston County) for the last 14 years, and love everything except the long drive to Tuscaloosa. I'll miss the game in Athens, but have been able to get to a couple in the past few years. If you like Athens, you will like Tuscaloosa. Very similar atmosphere. Good luck to UGA this year...well for all but one regular season game...and maybe the Championship, if we're both lucky. :BigA: :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.