8:15 Ole Miss start time, ugh

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I'm excited about a night game! I'll get to go to Tuscaloosa! Anyone have extra tickets, I need two! :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
That's horrible! It would easily be after 3am probably before I can get back home to Talladega for the 8:15 kick off. If I stay at home it seems that every game that day always sucks and takes forever to get the Bama game going. So all I have to say is: "Blah"

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS
....and if the game ahead of Bama's runs into OT I'll have a fit! I would not be going but for my GF, she is an Ole Miss grad and insist on seeing the game in person. Now if we just win by 35 points it will be worth it.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I usually don't like late games....but we are very busy next Saturday. So it works out perfectly for us. :) Can't wait for next week.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
This game time thing must be a matter of perspective. I wish I could be there at practically any game time north of 10am . . . Enjoy the experience and Roll Tide all you lucky attendees!

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I'm OK with the gametime. I'm gonna be at the Grand Canyon during the day.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
the game thread should be uh....entertaining? what is the over/under for the number of posts deleted and members banned?
18 posts and 5 bans sound like a good starting line?

All seriousness it should be alright if we are winning, but if it is close (which I expect) you can expect some "I told you so about Coker", "we don't got a kicker", and overly pessimistic negative Nancy' fans that might have a few too many swigs of grand dad's cough syrup. I hope we blow them out so our mods will have an easier time.

Last edited:

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
I actually love this game time. I can watch all the other games all day and then we are on in front of everyone. I hate 11am starts, and 230 games are not my preference either. 6pm+ games are my preference.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I actually love this game time. I can watch all the other games all day and then we are on in front of everyone. I hate 11am starts, and 230 games are not my preference either. 6pm+ games are my preference.
I hear ya. That's about the time I take my mid-afternoon nap! And considering the late game time, a nap is not a bad idea..

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
That's horrible! It would easily be after 3am probably before I can get back home to Talladega for the 8:15 kick off. If I stay at home it seems that every game that day always sucks and takes forever to get the Bama game going. So all I have to say is: "Blah"
Yeah, I'm driving down from Memphis. I'll be back around 4:30am or so..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
18 posts and 5 bans sound like a good starting line?

All seriousness it should be alright if we are winning, but if it is close (which I expect) you can expect some "I told you so about Coker", "we don't got a kicker", and overly pessimistic negative Nancy' fans that might have a few too many swigs of grand dad's cough syrup. I hope we blow them out so our mods will have an easier time.
18/5 sounds about right. I am also hoping for a blowout. I have started staying out of the game threads. I am happier for it. Last year cred me of being involved in game threads. I personally blocked a bunch of posters (some of which got banned anyway).

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I do find some of the complaints a bit odd. Last season there were no shortage of people that were vocal on their issues with 11:15/11:30 game start times. Apparently it's 2:30 or nothing? Based on rank alone it's a prime time game. They means the time when most of the nation will see it. The grass may not always be so green at the University of Alabama and many here will remember wistfully those times that we had prime time games.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
positive for me...gonna be in anniston for work this weekend and I'll be able to watch it from the hotel after work.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.