Ten Years Ago Today, This Happened

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I was at the game and was sitting on the goal line where he caught it. I thought he had maneuvered inside the DB and wondered why the refs were reviewing the catch. I didn't fully know how good of a catch it was until I saw it on Sportscenter the next morning. Got a copy of the Daniel Moore hanging in my office.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Prothro will always be my favorite player of all time, I've often wondered, what could've been if he was able to play under Coach Saban..But..It was meant for him to be to play at Bama at Bama when we needed him most..Cause he was one of the Bama Players that helped Bama through our darkest hours of the NCAA sanctions..That's still the best catch I've witnessed on any level of football..I think so anyways..

Vertical

All-American
May 15, 2000
New Hampshire
I uploaded that clip to youtube 10 years ago. Of course, that's a snippet of the full version that has music and words over it.

Actually, correction - I didn't upload it to YouTube. I hosted it on my own personal site, which ESPN linked, and my ISP called me and asked me what the heck was going on. LOL. Forgot about that. But now my rip of it is all over YouTube. In the full version, it still shows my email at the end.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.