OU fan with question about Tennessee.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
If you are a diehard college football fan(and being and OU fan I would assume that you are), a trip to Neyland Stadium is a definite stop that has to be on your bucket list. As others have said though, the seating can be cramped. Still--- If I were you, I would go.

Last edited:

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Wow, that was 1970 if I remember correctly. Even I was pretty young 45 years ago.
We have had some great times there since then.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
After a Sherman Shake , we got pelted with miniatures while in the upper stands.i once had my fender dented intentionally(it was a kick) . Most of the time, however we talked football , and shared in good natured ribbing. I think they will be on good behavior for OU.

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
I would not even hesitate to go. Even if some Tennessee fans mistreat rival fans, most fans are especially gracious to out of conference fans. I live in Knoxville and have been to many games and tailgates (my wife is a UT fan). Many of the big tailgates even welcome out of conference fans in to join them. Ill never forget when Cal was here quite a few years back and we invited a Cal couple in to our tailgate. They were shocked at all the activity and the volume of tailgating. They made a comment like "I guess all this is because of how unusual it is to have a west coast team coming to visit." We all just looked at them in puzzlement and said "no, this is just a typical game day here". West coasters just don't take their football seriously! :) But hey, I'm sure the Sooners do! Take your family and enjoy yourself. You should have a great time. One unique thing to do while here is go by the river and check out the "Vol Navy". The boats should be out in force for this game.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I've been there several times, and always enjoyed it. (we have won each time I went though). If you have time go to the Smokey Mountains.
The Smokey's are just "hills" after I've been to the Rockies twice now, but I agree as close as they are to Knoxville it's worth the ride over.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.