***Official Presidential Nomination Withdrawal Thread*****

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
The only Democrat candidate that is not certifiably insane drops out.

I hope he runs as an independent.
Yeah for real. In all honesty I probably would have voted for Webb if it came down to him and Trump. And he is right about the direction of the Democratic Party.

This could be one of the worst election cycles ever in terms of candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
The only Democrat candidate that is not certifiably insane drops out.

I hope he runs as an independent.
I personally hope he doesn't. He has a much larger chance of drawing voters away from whoever the Republican candidate is than the Democrat. I personally don't think he would draw that much anyway. For all the whooping and hollering about Republicans not accepting a centrist, the Democrats are obviously not going to. This was the closest they had by a large margin.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Lol, no 1860? Or 1868?
Well, in 1860, I could have lived with either John C. Breckenridge or John Bell.
Douglas is one of the great villains in American history, exceeded only by some other fellow from Illinois whose name escapes me just now.
As for 1868, let's just say that the OSCE would not have validated that election as a free and fair election.
Of course, maybe we could bring back the system used in 1868: any Democrat voters in Democrat-majority states automatically have their votes not counted. The SJBEMs today seem to approve of that system as it was used in 1868. Maybe we could bring it back for 2016?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Biden, who was never in, is officially out.
Biden is not the smoothest politician, but I'd have a beer with him. He does not come across as pretentious and one thing I cannot stand in a public servant is pretense. He seems to be free of it.

I honestly thought he'd get in the race on the outside chance that H would be indicted, quit or otherwise implode, then Joe would end up being "the player to be named later."

tidegrandpa

All-American
Biden is not the smoothest politician, but I'd have a beer with him. He does not come across as pretentious and one thing I cannot stand in a public servant is pretense. He seems to be free of it.

I honestly thought he'd get in the race on the outside chance that H would be indicted, quit or otherwise implode, then Joe would end up being "the player to be named later."
Oh TW, he can be pretentious, having been around him, (not by choice) and here's a blast from the past
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1j0FS0Z6ho

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Oh TW, he can be pretentious, having been around him, (not by choice) and here's a blast from the past
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1j0FS0Z6ho
Okay, I withdraw my earlier comment. Joe sounded like a man with an abnormally small penis walking into a public shower with normal sized men. Very self-conscious and defensive.
I should know better. I should never say anything nice about the Democrat party or any member of it. As a group, they are really awful.
Joe really does strike me a "bag of hammers" dumb. Maybe he is just "playing Democrat," or maybe he really is that stupid.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
One thing you can say about the Biden announcement, unless something really damaging comes out about Clinton, the nomination is now hers. I remember from 08 the "Biden Plan" on Iraq and still think that will be the eventual solution. Other than that I dont know what the real differences are between he and Clinton.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
It is now obvious that the Democrat party is fully invested in Hillary. Webb is now gone. Bernie will be destroyed (photo of him in bed with a goat or something along those lines). Chaffee and O'Malley will be told to throw their campaigns if they want to be considered for cabinet positions. H is the last person standing. (Unless indicted, then she can channel her inner Eugene Debs and run from jail as "Prisoner Number 9653.")
In 2008, the Democrats made a big deal of McCain's age (he was born in August 1936, so he was 72 at the time of the election). Actuarial tables said the odds of him living through two terms was limited. (Yet, somehow, McCain has beaten those odds. Maybe it is due to how "mavericky" he is.)
Hillary is 11 years younger (born in October 1947), but it is now 8 years later, so she will be 69 years old at election and 73 if she runs for re-election.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
One thing you can say about the Biden announcement, unless something really damaging comes out about Clinton, the nomination is now hers. I remember from 08 the "Biden Plan" on Iraq and still think that will be the eventual solution. Other than that I dont know what the real differences are between he and Clinton.
She does not gaffe quite as much as he does. Some of his are truly embarrassing. How the Democrats that continue to made fun of Dan Quayle (yes I know some) accept his with a straight face is beyond me.

That said. From what little I know I don't think Biden is that bad of a person. He just always seems to be in way over his head to me. Hillary never appears to be in over her head. She seems cold calculating and that fake laugh is really getting on my nerves.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
She does not gaffe quite as much as he does. Some of his are truly embarrassing. How the Democrats that continue to made fun of Dan Quayle (yes I know some) accept his with a straight face is beyond me.

That said. From what little I know I don't think Biden is that bad of a person. He just always seems to be in way over his head to me. Hillary never appears to be in over her head. She seems cold calculating and that fake laugh is really getting on my nerves.
They always accept their own, despite how worse they may be compared to the other side. I don't think Republicans are that way, which is to their determent.

So it is Hillary, as it always was going to be. I think she would be the worst possible choice among all that remains. Just a truly horrible person. Yet, I don't see how the Republicans can cobble together something that would beat her. Far too much of the country has a worldview exactly opposite to what I have, and many folks will happily vote for her. I truly feel the Republicans have lost their way, or become too divided. Democrats and their voters seem to be far more united these days. Maybe I'm wrong.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
How the Democrats that continue to made fun of Dan Quayle (yes I know some) accept his with a straight face is beyond me.
Tribal voting. "I'm from the donkey tribe. I vote only for donkeys." Or, alternatively, "I'm from the elephant tribe. I vote for elephants."

Americans vote for politicians like they vote for American Idol. Little thought behind it. Just blind loyalty. That is what has gotten us to this disastrous point in our political life.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
And then there were 3 (ok actually 2.1)
Lincoln Chafee to withdraw today.
O'Malley is angling for a cabinet post. You can tell that is the case if, in the next debate, he throws softballs at Nurse Ratchet, along the lines of "Isn't it true that you are the most wonderful woman in the world?"

When he does that, you know he is really running for a cabinet job.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I would say some really damaging things have already surfaced about Ms. Clinton, just yesterday in fact. But I don't think anyone cares enough, outside of a minority of conservatives, to do anything about it.

She's the nominee. And the favorite to win the presidency. The Republicans are so frustratingly stupid. Hardcore leftists are voting Democrat no matter what. I don't know what percentage of people that is. Probably 40% of the total voters. But you've got a large number of voters that probably lean left, but wouldn't vote for someone like Hillary because she is so unethical and dishonest. However, they're not going to vote for a moron on the right either.

Just a truly disappointing situation, IMO.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.