***Official Presidential Nomination Withdrawal Thread*****

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Good of place as any I guess to post this
Gary Johnson, the Libertarian Party's 2012 presidential candidate, announced Wednesday that he's joining the already crowded 2016 White House field.

The former New Mexico governor cast himself as a fiscal conservative and a social liberal dismayed by the size of government. "Government is too big. It's unwieldy," he said during an interview with Neil Cavuto on Fox Business. "It's out of control. We need to get control."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...BlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories

Full disclosure, I voted for him in '12

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Ends up giving me a candidate I can vote for in good conscience should it come down to Hillary and Trump.

Not that it matters, seeing as I live in Alabama and it would be red if David Duke was the Republican candidate.
yeah, there is that

two of the 1.3 Million he got last time were the Mrs and Me

He should have had the Republican nomination in 2012, he was by far the most (perhaps only) reasonable candidate. Fiscal responsibility, true protection of Freedom and doesn't bow to the preachers

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
yeah, there is that

two of the 1.3 Million he got last time were the Mrs and Me

He should have had the Republican nomination in 2012, he was by far the most (perhaps only) reasonable candidate. Fiscal responsibility, true protection of Freedom and doesn't bow to the preachers
There seems to be a market for this attitude (fiscal conservative, social liberal). I'm not sure why we have the other three quadrants covered, but this one stays a lonely place for candidates.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
There seems to be a market for this attitude (fiscal conservative, social liberal). I'm not sure why we have the other three quadrants covered, but this one stays a lonely place for candidates.
that's sad

can't figure out why the freedom lovers want to control people so much. If they ever learn how many votes they lose over it they may come around, least I can hope they will. Johnson is 90% likely to get my vote again anyway and some of my money.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
that's sad

can't figure out why the freedom lovers want to control people so much. If they ever learn how many votes they lose over it they may come around, least I can hope they will. Johnson is 90% likely to get my vote again anyway and some of my money.
Yeah, I have heard a lot of people express your sentiments. They want a fiscal conservative and social liberal. I'm just surprised more candidates don't pursue that.
We have social liberal, fiscal liberal (Bernie, maybe? Hillary, perhaps, just maybe less so?). Social conservative, fiscal conservative (Cruz, maybe? Although I have yet to see how fiscally conservative he really is. He talks a good game, but I have not seen much substance). Fiscal liberal, social conservative (Kasich, maybe?). Fiscal conservative, social liberal seems to be the exclusive domain of the LP.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Yeah, I have heard a lot of people express your sentiments. They want a fiscal conservative and social liberal. I'm just surprised more candidates don't pursue that.
We have social liberal, fiscal liberal (Bernie, maybe? Hillary, perhaps, just maybe less so?). Social conservative, fiscal conservative (Cruz, maybe? Although I have yet to see how fiscally conservative he really is. He talks a good game, but I have not seen much substance). Fiscal liberal, social conservative (Kasich, maybe?). Fiscal conservative, social liberal seems to be the exclusive domain of the LP.
I don't see a fiscal conservative among the GOP, they're not all as bad a Bush 2 but none of them are willing to make real, necessary cuts. They'd rather just sidetrack everyone with the impossible while spending away and eroding freedom. At least the left admits it

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I don't see a fiscal conservative among the GOP, they're not all as bad a Bush 2 but none of them are willing to make real, necessary cuts. They'd rather just sidetrack everyone with the impossible while spending away and eroding freedom. At least the left admits it
But, there is a difference between what one says to get elected and what one actually does once in office...unfortunately.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
But, there is a difference between what one says to get elected and what one actually does once in office...unfortunately.
there have been politicians that have always said the same things, and always done exactly what they said they were going to do once in office. In fact 2 of them are running in the cycle

Bernie and now Gary

if that truly matters to you, one of these two should get your vote

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
there have been politicians that have always said the same things, and always done exactly what they said they were going to do once in office. In fact 2 of them are running in the cycle

Bernie and now Gary

if that truly matters to you, one of these two should get your vote
It is certainly an important factor but not the only one.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Carson has announced a presser for tomorrow at 9. Has already said he's not campaigning in New Hampshire or South Carolina.

I saw that. Instead he'll be visiting family in Florida.

Say what you will about his "measured" personality - I really respect the man and wish he could be on Trump's cabinet or somewhere as an adviser. It could happen...you never know.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
DES MOINES — Former Maryland governor Martin O’Malley announced the suspension of his presidential campaign Monday night, following a dismal showing in the Iowa caucuses that effectively ended his long-simmering White House ambitions.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Chris Christie needs to get his fat @ss back to NJ [emoji488][emoji488][emoji488][emoji488][emoji489][emoji489][emoji489][emoji489][emoji489][emoji492][emoji492][emoji492][emoji492][emoji492][emoji492][emoji492][emoji492]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Chris Christie needs to get his fat @ss back to NJ [emoji488][emoji488][emoji488][emoji488][emoji489][emoji489][emoji489][emoji489][emoji489][emoji492][emoji492][emoji492][emoji492][emoji492][emoji492][emoji492][emoji492]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He reminds me of Howard Taft. How tall was Howard? I think he had to get an oversized bathtub for the WH.

Now, compare their waist size? Is it 50+ inches? I'll bet he hasn't seen a certain part of his anatomy for years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.