***Official Presidential Nomination Withdrawal Thread*****

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'll admit I was wrong. He was very humble and put party first. I thought he would stay on to block Marco. Maybe they've hugged. That or he knew this was the only way he could be part of the BEAT TRUMP solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I'll admit I was wrong. He was very humble and put party first. I thought he would stay on to block Marco. Maybe they've hugged. That or he knew this was the only way he could be part of the BEAT TRUMP solution.

I do not believe for one minute that they actually disliked each other or had any real war of words. Bush just attacked him so much because it seemed good for his political career. I actually expect him to support Rubio now that he has no agenda.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I'm not sure if anyone gives a hoot who Bush throws his support behind, but Trump won't lose any sleep over it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm not sure if anyone gives a hoot who Bush throws his support behind, but Trump won't lose any sleep over it.
8% of the vote only makes it closer but not a win. But I'm still not sold that all these bush supporters are going to suddenly flock to Rubio. I think it's going to be dispersed more than people think. Carson and kasich staying in is bad news because it practically guarantees a New Hampshire type win for trump in Nevada. If those two aren't out by March 1st then it's either an easy trump win or a convention battle.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Kasich and Carson need to throw in the towel. Their days are numbered. Now to find some way to get rid of Cruz so the real campaigning can begin.
Cruz has done far better than anyone predicted. His style has become so grating and it is typical politics. Trump baited him into the muck and has eviscerated him. He should have taken the high road and not respond in kind like he always says he does. Every political campaign goes after whatever you claim as your mantra. They picked Trust and the opposite is lie. He has just added fuel to narrative and given them example after example.

I suspect March 1st will be his last stop. When he loses Texas he'll likely bow out.

Donald may very well decide to bring out the olive branch to Cruz. Looking at the polling he is in for a huge fight if it becomes one on one with Marco.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Kasich and Carson need to throw in the towel. Their days are numbered. Now to find some way to get rid of Cruz so the real campaigning can begin.
Kasich believes that the Midwest and the north east will be enough to erase his deficit. In theory it's plausible but I think with Donald's stronghold over the ne states all kasich is doing is costing Rubio.

As for Carson I have no clue why he is still in.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Kasich and Carson are just staying in for pride. They have zero chance of winning and are costing the viable option to Cruz and Trump.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Anyone who has heard Job voice his thoughts on the relevant topics of the day knew this fight was over before it began. A strong voice of Conservatism, he wasn't.
Seems to me like Jeb was a prime example of the 'go along to get along' candidate, which is the one thing we do not need more of in DC.
When he talked the conservatism game, I just wondered about his stance on Common Core! I wish someone had asked him in a debate about Common Core.

I do think he is probably a good person, but we don't need another Bush. My only wish in this campaign was for Bush and Clinton to drop out! Now, half of my WISH list is gone. Here's praying for the rest of my wish list to occur.

Bush may have had a much better chance if brother, W., had never won.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
When he talked the conservatism game, I just wondered about his stance on Common Core! I wish someone had asked him in a debate about Common Core.

I do think he is probably a good person, but we don't need another Bush. My only wish in this campaign was for Bush and Clinton to drop out! Now, half of my WISH list is gone. Here's praying for the rest of my wish list to occur.

Bush may have had a much better chance if brother, W., had never won.
I'm glad you didn't say we would have been better off. Now I don't have to argue the point. :biggrin2:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Anyone who has heard Job voice his thoughts on the relevant topics of the day knew this fight was over before it began. A strong voice of Conservatism, he wasn't.
Seems to me like Jeb was a prime example of the 'go along to get along' candidate, which is the one thing we do not need more of in DC.
When I hear a supposed Conservative say they know how to reach across the aisle and are willing to work with the other side, I think of the disaster that was Bob Dole, cutting deals and in effect giving away the store and continuing to grow the size of the federal bureaucracy. There is a word that exists, "No."

The GOP has been frightened and threatened into being accused of "shutting down the federal government", "racism" and other nonsense. It's worked brilliantly for the Democrats for the last seven years.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
When I hear a supposed Conservative say[/B] they know how to reach across the aisle and are willing to work with the other side,[/B] I think of the disaster that was Bob Dole, cutting deals and in effect giving away the store and continuing to grow the size of the federal bureaucracy. There is a word that exists, "No."

The GOP has been frightened and threatened into being accused of "shutting down the federal government", "racism" and other nonsense. It's worked brilliantly for the Democrats for the last seven years.
When have you ever heard a Democrat say that? Never, because that's not their party's goal. It is, rather, to both contradict and defeat every Republican, whether they be a candidate or elected official, as well as every law and piece of legislation brought forth by any of the above.
We should vote for and elect Republican candidates who will only do likewise for them. "Reaching across the aisle'' is hogwash. It is equal to capitulation, nothing more, and should never be desired, promised or attempted by any member of the Republican Party.
Imo, Democrats are Communists, and if we don't want the US to become a full fledged Communist nation, we must defeat it, and them, at every turn and every opportunity.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Kasich will stay in the race and I predict will be on the ticket as veep because the republicans absolutely have to win Ohio. No republican has EVER won the presidency without carrying that state.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.