***Official Presidential Nomination Withdrawal Thread*****

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Kasich will stay in the race and I predict will be on the ticket as veep because the republicans absolutely have to win Ohio. No republican has EVER won the presidency without carrying that state.
Makes sense. Kasich will bring a more even-keel to the campaign as well. And when TPTB knock off Trump, they'll still have one of theirs back in power.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Trump has said he will almost certainly select a seasoned politician as veep. Gov. Kasich would be a great choice IMO but their are many others as well. Ohio is a critical state though and he is well liked there no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
No way Kasich would agree to be VP for Trump. Kasich's entire political and personal philosophy clashes with everything The Donald stands for.

Politics makes for strange bedfellows this is true...but I don't see this ever happening.

I also don't see Trump wanting Kasich as his right-hand person either.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
No way Kasich would agree to be VP for Trump. Kasich's entire political and personal philosophy clashes with everything The Donald stands for.

Politics makes for strange bedfellows this is true...but I don't see this ever happening.

I also don't see Trump wanting Kasich as his right-hand person either.
Bazza, you have got to listen to these guys. Kasich's very first debate was about how we couldn't let people die in the streets without healthcare. Not sure which candidate are advocating leaving the poor and helpless and sick to wither in the street like its WW2 Leningrad but whatever. Typical straw man arguments from political candidates. Talks about being a common sense conservative and all that. I'd ignore all the yay yay back and forth. I do think he genuinely hates Cruz but I think Kasich will listen even to Trump.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Bazza, you have got to listen to these guys. Kasich's very first debate was about how we couldn't let people die in the streets without healthcare. Not sure which candidate are advocating leaving the poor and helpless and sick to wither in the street like its WW2 Leningrad but whatever. Typical straw man arguments from political candidates. Talks about being a common sense conservative and all that. I'd ignore all the yay yay back and forth. I do think he genuinely hates Cruz but I think Kasich will listen even to Trump.

I hear ya but I still don't see those two hooking up...I don't think they even like each other... :)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Bazza, you have got to listen to these guys. Kasich's very first debate was about how we couldn't let people die in the streets without healthcare. Not sure which candidate are advocating leaving the poor and helpless and sick to wither in the street like its WW2 Leningrad but whatever.
John Kasich said:
"When you get to the pearly gates, Saint Peter's gonna want to know how much money you extorted at gunpoint from your neighbors to give to other people."
Something like that.

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016...-idea-to-run-for-senate-instead-of-president/

CNN Chief Political Correspondent Dana Bash reported that “Ben Carson could be approached by establishment figures here in Washington to say, ‘You know what, Dr. Carson, we have an idea. Why don’t you, instead of running for president, run for Senate in Florida?'” during CNN’s Super Tuesday coverage.

Bash said, “I am told that, as early as tomorrow, this is according to a DC senior Republican, that Ben Carson could be approached by establishment figures here in Washington to say, ‘You know what, Dr. Carson, we have an idea. Why don’t you, instead of running for president, run for Senate in Florida?’ He is from Florida. There’s an open seat, because Sen. Marco Rubio (R) is retiring. He’s not running for re-election. He’s running for president instead. And so that that might be a possibility, something that he could be approached about. Now, this hasn’t happened yet. I’m told that this is likely to happen, and I don’t even know that Ben Carson knows anything about it yet, but it’s something that’s interesting to think about, as people in Washington talk about trying to winnow the field. Ben Carson is not taking that much of the vote away, but when you do have some narrow wins and losses in some of these states, it could make a difference.”

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.