Gameday to be in Tuscaloosa for Ole Miss Game

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
where else could they have gone?
Anywhere else would be fine by me. Every home game I see first hand how campus hardly handles the 100,000+ fans and all the support personnel required to put on a game. Gameday makes the situation that much tougher. Otherwise, I like
Gameday as much as anyone.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Anywhere else would be fine by me. Every home game I see first hand how campus hardly handles the 100,000+ fans and all the support personnel required to put on a game. Gameday makes the situation that much tougher. Otherwise, I like
Gameday as much as anyone.
Meh. Gameday doesnt draw hat big of a crowd. Its only a few thousand fans and most of them are students. Plus its early and the game is super late. So getting around campus isnt hard. Now all the construction on roads and parking lots are troublesome, but that isnt Game Day.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I guess any time Gameday wants to visit a campus they are welcome to come. They make the decision, then tell the colleges what they've decided. Has any college ever said "no thanks, it's not convenient this week?"

Kind of like how they tell the schools what time to kick off their games if they want to be on tv. ( I understand contracts with conferences and other complications are in play here.)

I like it when they come to Tuscaloosa, but at the same time it looks like the broadcast networks have taken charge and are simply dictating terms to the teams. (There was a time when they had to run ideas by Coach Bryant first. :))

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
my guess is the guest picker will have Bama ties, probably Namath.
I would hope so, but gameday has got outliers that have either not been fans of the sport or been opposing fans for us. Gameday has also alluded to bringing back Katy perry again this year, and I really don't see ole miss having gameday anytime soon. . But I really do hope they get someone who played for bama like jay barker, Hoover's coach (since they are off for a week after Friday), or Trent. Mainly because our in state celebs are basically Channing Tatum, sela ward, michael biehn, and Courtney cox.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.