Question About the Offensive Production of Ole Miss

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
I have not watched either of their games this year, so I was curious about these lopsided scores the last two weeks. Have they been leaving their starters in the entire game and running up the score, or are their backups that good? I can somewhat understand the TN-Martin score, but Fresno State usually plays teams pretty tough. Does anyone know if Kelly and Co. have been playing for the full sixty minutes?

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Look at the box scores or play-by-play feeds for the games. They're on just about every major sports news website as well as in the NCAA stats web site. That'll give you your answer.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Don't know, but Kelly is an amazing talent with both his legs and arm. He has taken the Ole Miss offense to the next level. I think that you guys need to get your QB issues resolved pdq, because OM is going to score in this game.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Don't know, but Kelly is an amazing talent with both his legs and arm. He has taken the Ole Miss offense to the next level. I think that you guys need to get your QB issues resolved pdq, because OM is going to score in this game.
Could not agree more. Having said that, I don`t think that they`ll run up and down the field like they have the last two weeks.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Exactly. Kelly is not another Bo Wallace, gonna be a long night in T-Town.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Watched part of the Ole Miss game yesterday. The have very good athletes with very good speed. Kelly did well at QB. A Better Bo. They are the first team in conference history to score more than 70 points in consecutive games. Gonna be a real good game.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Alabam never seems to do well against weak competition. No motivation.
Ole Miss has put up big numbers against junk teams.
Next week, when Kelly finally sees real speed on defense, he will be forced into errors.
Bama will be ready and Ole Miss will receive an epic beating.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Concerning the OM offense and the game this Saturday...the best plan we can have is maintaining long scoring drives and keeping them off the field.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
The OM final scores look pretty scarey. The only saving grace is that they have played very weak competition, Sagarin says the 173rd strongest schedule in the country so far. For our defense, yesterday's game says you can take a 70 point team and hold them to 10, or probably even 3. So, we stand a pretty good chance.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Alabam never seems to do well against weak competition. No motivation.
Ole Miss has put up big numbers against junk teams.
Next week, when Kelly finally sees real speed on defense, he will be forced into errors.
Bama will be ready and Ole Miss will receive an epic beating.
I think you nailed it!

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
I watched some of their game yesterday. fresno st is a little better foe than normal early. I was impressed with chad Kelly. unlike our qbs, he attacked the defenses with his passing, running. lots of confidence. he has a better array of running backs this year. their defense is really good up front. what bothers me is their team playing lesser teams are more excited, prepared to play anybody.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
He is certainly better than Bro Wallace.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Look at the box scores or play-by-play feeds for the games. They're on just about every major sports news website as well as in the NCAA stats web site. That'll give you your answer.
Or, ask a question on a forum like TideFans and get opinions from people who may be in the know. Maybe spur on a little additional conversation...oh, wait, that's what the poster did.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'll be honest and admit I'm concerned about our ability to slow them down enough for our offense to keep up/out score them.

Even if we hold them to half their average we are going to need to score 40+ points to win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Exactly. Kelly is not another Bo Wallace, gonna be a long night in T-Town.
They are going to see a much better D and athletes than they have seen in their first 2 games and I'm sure we are going to have a different game plan to make Kelly very uncomfortable. As some have said, we will need to score some points but I don't see it being a long night.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Ole Miss ran 72 plays....yesterday.....fast, but that total may be more about how bad Fresno was....

Kelly has only run the ball 6 times this year.....46 yards.....
If we don't have to worry about him running as much -- our Defense gets even more "nasty"

They only have a handful of receptions to the RBs.....(3 to Walton) -- so most passes have been for the WRs......

I'm sure they've played vanilla so far....but if they are running "fast" but staying traditional.....it may just come down to whose guys are able to make plays.....

We have developed this Secondary for Ole Miss......

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
They are going to see a much better D and athletes than they have seen in their first 2 games and I'm sure we are going to have a different game plan to make Kelly very uncomfortable. As some have said, we will need to score some points but I don't see it being a long night.
Gray has never seen a Bama team that he really liked.....in the past 23 years....

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
My thoughts...FWIW:
- Kelly is an impressive QB/Athlete. Arm, legs, and brain. He will not be easy. He is an individual,but obviously, a leader.
- Alabama will, most assuredly be the best defense they have faced so far, and perhaps all year. Thus, we will slow, but not derail their offense.
- Alabama will be the best offense they have seen and maybe will see. We can (and must) control the game with sustained drives. Rest our "D" and keep Kelly on the sideline. We can, and I believe will, do that.
- We must set the game tempo by controlling TOP.
- We will rely on JK to "flip the field" when needed.
We will win an very hard fought game, and it will be a good confidence builder. We need to make sure everyone stays healthy.
- ROLL TIDE...we have a special team this year!

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
Kelly threw 25 passes and 2 others threw 12 so it looks like they are playing their backups. What little I've seen of them so far they have hit wide open receivers deep several times. If we do what we did on long passes the last few games last year it will be a long day. Hopefully Jake can hit a few of our own.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.