Henry is like having an extra offensive lineman

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I have loved watching Henry run so far this year, but I have loved even more watching him block. He is stone walling people. He has stood up defensive linemen and linebackers. It has been a thing of beauty. It will serve him well this year and in his NFL career.

I also love watching him lead block for Drake on the jet sweep. It's not fair for a CB or Safety to have to deal with that guy. He's like a pulling lineman with his strength, but with the speed and agility of the skill guy he is. Once he's on them they have no chance. He leveled a guy Saturday on that play for Drake. His commitment to blocking has made him my favorite guy on this team.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I have loved watching Henry run so far this year, but I have loved even more watching him block. He is stone walling people. He has stood up defensive linemen and linebackers. It has been a thing of beauty. It will serve him well this year and in his NFL career.

I also love watching him lead block for Drake on the jet sweep. It's not fair for a CB or Safety to have to deal with that guy. He's like a pulling lineman with his strength, but with the speed and agility of the skill guy he is. Once he's on them they have no chance. He leveled a guy Saturday on that play for Drake. His commitment to blocking has made him my favorite guy on this team.
it was so great to see henry and drake in the back field together. i think they will wreak havoc together this year.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

Usually every year there is a self-less guy who steps up for the team. Looks like DH is the man this year. How leaders are born.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
He should make a good linebacker...er...tight end in the NFL??:)

It really seems like he enjoys the game.

MTSU stopped a couple of potential breakaways by getting to his feet just behind or right at the line of scrimmage; these were good plays by an MTSU player usually coming off the edge and diving. If a defender does not get to Henry's feet before he hits the line of scrimmage then Henry will, at the very least, keep the chains moving.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Henry improved so much compared to last year. He really does enjoy blocking.... It's great to see him doing little things for the team. I woulnd't be suprised to see him at FB positoin sometime leading way for Drake or Harris...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Blocking is all effort and mental. If you understand, respect, and even enjoy its place in the game of football you'll do it well. When you're 245 pounds and run like a gazelle and most likely going to turn pro next year, this is the result.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Not to hijack this thread, but since we're talking running backs... Will Scarborough get some meaningful playing time when he comes back or will he be behind Harris?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It will be interesting to see your backfield when Bo gets back. Imagine Bo blocking for Henry or vice-versa?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I love his blocking too. My biggest fear for him is when one of those pesky DB's come and take his legs. I just don't think I would take on a big fellow like that coming at me.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Henry improved so much compared to last year. He really does enjoy blocking.... It's great to see him doing little things for the team. I woulnd't be suprised to see him at FB positoin sometime leading way for Drake or Harris...
I agree 100% with ya..He's playing like he did in high school now that he's understanding everything better on the college level & is running like the best RB in college football..

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I agree. Of all the things that have impressed me this season, Henry's blocking and Drake's fearlessness have to be 1a and 1b.
i haven't watched a replay of the mtsu game, but i remember drake getting a couple of nice blitz pick-ups, at least one was on par (at first glance) with henry's big one vs wisconsin.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
i haven't watched a replay of the mtsu game, but i remember drake getting a couple of nice blitz pick-ups, at least one was on par (at first glance) with henry's big one vs wisconsin.
I noticed Drake picking up blocks very well later in the Wisconsin game as well; won't mention the early part of the game...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I noticed Drake picking up blocks very well later in the Wisconsin game as well; won't mention the early part of the game...
heh. i noticed that he was also running very strong in traffic in the the first half. dealing with both him and henry (and kiffin calling plays for them) has got to give d-coordinators nightmares

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I love his blocking too. My biggest fear for him is when one of those pesky DB's come and take his legs. I just don't think I would take on a big fellow like that coming at me.
I believe was saw a Wisconsin safety try to take his legs out and the safety ended up with a concussion.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
he looks good blocking and he's having a great season so far.

my wife looked at me during the game and said something I've been saying..."it's just not natural for a guy that big to be that fast."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.