Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

So for any of us that think that Aubarn will not fire the GusBus here are a Billion reasons they will.
http://develop.auburn.edu/news/billion-dollar-milestone/

I spent a few minutes reading posts on ITAT and its not a dumpster fire or meltdown. Gus in the fans opinion is Gone Fishin. They are naming coaches they want to see and blaming JJ to Pat Fain Dye to the Cowtron. But here is a simple fact it might cost the 10 million to fire Gus, and as crazy as the BOD at Aubarn is pay off Petrinos contract to get him from Lville which is over 15 million.

So who does Aubarn have to beat for Gus to keep his job. Well, heres the rub. We won the NC last year and ever ESPN commercial on college football you see Bama somewhere, not much unless its SEC about them. Birmingham Bowl last year. Need i belabor the point. Aubarn is competing at a Vandy, and USCe level.

So as much as I would like to see them keep Gus, unless he beats, LSU, Georgia and Bama he will be gettting Free money from Aubarn. With a billion dollars of free money in the Kitty they might even try to hire CNS.

Last edited:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

So for any of us that think that Aubarn will not fire the GusBus here are a Billion reasons they will.

I spent a few minutes reading posts on ITAT and its not a dumpster fire or meltdown. Gus in the fans opinion is Gone Fishin. They are naming coaches they want to see and blaming JJ to Pat Fain Dye to the Cowtron. But here is a simple fact it might cost the 10 million to fire Gus, and as crazy as the BOD at Aubarn is pay off Petrinos contract to get him from Lville which is over 15 million.

So who does Aubarn have to beat for Gus to keep his job. Well, heres the rub. We won the NC last year and ever ESPN commercial on college football you see Bama somewhere, not much unless its SEC about them. Birmingham Bowl last year. Need i belabor the point. Aubarn is competing at a Vandy, and USCe level.

So as much as I would like to see them keep Gus, unless he beats, LSU, Georgia and Bama he will be gettting Free money from Aubarn. With a billion dollars of free money in the Kitty they might even try to hire CNS.
What if they hire Lane after the season? In the name of Rush 2112! In good spirit. Would you lose sleep!

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005

The gambling establishment down the road, run by a Barner, has reopened. Expect funds to ramp up for whatever is needed. Buy outs...check, 5* recruits...check.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

What if they hire Lane after the season? In the name of Rush 2112! In good spirit. Would you lose sleep!
No my screen name is based on when i joined we had 21 SEC championships and 12 National championships. However Rush's 2112 album is their best work in my opinion. Getty Lee is one ugly man LOL.

In one simple word. No.... I support him because he is a Bama coach.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

What I'm hearing from some I know who are pretty close to the program is that it really changes from week to week.

Before the season they were saying if he goes 1-3 in his first four ( they were conceding Clemson and LSU) then It all depends on the Arkansas and msu game because aTm was viewed as a winnable game.

After the Clemson game they said things got cooler because the defense looked better and said they are expecting a 8-4 season, and Gus would be safe with that record.

After Saturday's game they said they are back to how the record is after the Arkansas game. If he doesn't have 4 wins he is gone because they don't want to get embarrassed by Alabama, uga, and ole miss. And they said lashley is likely gone mid season as well. They are saying that Kevin Steele will be the interim coach if this happens.

Fwiw they also said that if LSU absolutely embarrasses them this week all bets are off for that Arkansas experiment period. But the point is boosters and season ticket holders are starting to bail on Gus, and the AD and BOT are about to have their hands forced.

Sano

1st Team
Oct 30, 2006
NYC

I am just going to post the most hilarious things I am seeing on AU Boards. The materials are gold... gold Jerry gold...!!!

This is one about Gus's Gameplane

Ok guys here is the game plan

1. Go as fast as possible...screaming GO GO GO!

2. Let's switch QB's so there is no consistency

3. wheel routes, wheel routes wheel routes

4. throw an int

5. settle for field goals, i love field goals!

Sano

1st Team
Oct 30, 2006
NYC

and the hits keep on coming....

That fake field goal could have come in handy this week. Glad we wasted it last week against Arky State. Genius!

Sano

1st Team
Oct 30, 2006
NYC

Tell me if you guys are annoyed by me but I just love it..

The worst part of this season so far?

Wanting to change the channel when Auburns offense is on the field.

Sano

1st Team
Oct 30, 2006
NYC

That's some family love for sure.. you can't mistake it..

The worst part is believing Gus would make a positive difference by being less of a CEO and more of a coach.

Is there any way he can be less of both? Heck, let Kodi call the plays. How could it be worse?

Sano

1st Team
Oct 30, 2006
NYC

hehehe

The worst part of the season so far? The play on the field is already bringing me dangerously close to overshooting my whisky budget for the season and it's only week 3...

Sano

1st Team
Oct 30, 2006
NYC

this is about hiring Kodi Burns

Look, I have no ill feelings toward Kodi Burns, but I see that as another example of horrible decisions. We lose DC to one of our division rivals, and what do we do? We go get a guy who has basically zero coaching experience from anything higher than a grad assistant level, and make him our WR's coach. A guy who has only 2 years of WR playing experience, mostly blocking. Why did we do this? Well, he's an Auburn Man, of course. Hell, I'm an Auburn Man, can I coach the running backs? What about the DB's? I played cornerback in a flag football game once. I only got beat once, but that guy was pretty fast, and a little taller than me.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I'm not sure I get your point here. Petersen is a very good coach and has turned Washington into a top 10 team after decades of irrelevance.
His team is highly ranked coming off of a 7-6 season. He has a losing record in conference and overall Washington is 18-12 under him. Basically, the on field results are nearly identical to Sarkisian (Sarkisian did better in conference).

This year they're ranked on the strength of a Rutgers, Idaho and FCS win. Perhaps Peterson is elevating their program but we won't really know that until they actually play someone this year. In either case, mediocrity for a couple of years is not really what a school like Auburn or LSU is looking for.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

On the OD this morning it appears that au will owe gus and his staff close to $14 million in buyout money if they are fired at year end. Petrino's buyout at louisville is $10 million. This is going to get good. Will Best Buy take the jumbo tron back?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I would love for them to bring in Petrino...we'd beat them 31-14 every year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I would love for them to bring in Petrino...we'd beat them 31-14 every year.
It would take him 3-4 years to build a team that he wants. Heck he was extremely lucky that Nutt left him good running backs and Mallett didn't like Hoke. If neither of those things had happened he probably is looking for a new job way before his "bike" incident. He is a good coach if he has players, and with as much as Gus has changed the culture at auburn, I think only coaches like Briles and Herman could fix fast enough to not hack off the season ticket holders and boosters.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Auburn is morally bankrupt if they hire Briles and Herman is going to be up for bigger jobs than Auburn.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Auburn is morally bankrupt if they hire Briles and Herman is going to be up for bigger jobs than Auburn.
After the UTw dropping that game to Cal and the Texas defense looking absolutely porous, I wouldn't bank on Charlie Strong being on very secure footing there in Austin. UTw fans have got to scratching their collective heads afterwards, given Strong's reputation for defense. If they get humiliated by Oklahoma, Baylor, or drop a couple key games, Charlie could be out the door. And you can bet that Texas would have their sites on Herman. Auburn couldn't match Texas in that power play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.