Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

As unhappy as they were with Les last year, he goes 2-2 with that much talent and thoroughly unimpressive performances, they're going to start packing his bags.
All the pre-season hype likely hasn't helped - UT and LSU were going to win their respective divisions and LSU was CFP favorite. At this point both teams look like what I thought they were - talented teams with mediocre coaching, unnecessarily hyped. That's hard on a fan-base that's desperate for relevance...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

All the pre-season hype likely hasn't helped - UT and LSU were going to win their respective divisions and LSU was CFP favorite. At this point both teams look like what I thought they were - talented teams with mediocre coaching, unnecessarily hyped. That's hard on a fan-base that's desperate for relevance...
Yep.

Auburn and LSU both heard about improvements with the offense all offseason. Neither have shown it. By trying to be upbeat and positive, both coaches made things harder on themselves.

UT's hype was based on a weak November schedule and a belief the experienced players would be better than last year.

So far all three fan bases have been disappointed.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

I heard on the radio that every AU coach since 1976 has been fired. Barfield, Dye, Bowden, Tuberville, Chizik and next up Malzahn..
What's so funny about that is Alabama is usually referred to as the "meat grinder" program - that we chew coaches up and spit them out if they stumble even the least little bit. So how many Alabama coaches have been fired over that same period? Exactly 3 - Dubose, Price, and Shula - and Price never coached a game.

Perkins - Left to go to NFL
Curry - Quitter
Stallings - Retired
Dubose - Fired
Franchione - Quitter
Price - Fired before coaching a game
Shula - Fired
Saban - STILL DOMINATING

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

What's so funny about that is Alabama is usually referred to as the "meat grinder" program - that we chew coaches up and spit them out if they stumble even the least little bit. So how many Alabama coaches have been fired over that same period? Exactly 3 - Dubose, Price, and Shula - and Price never coached a game.

Curry - Quitter
Stallings - Retired
Dubose - Fired
Franchione - Quitter
Shula - Fired
Saban - STILL DOMINATING

It takes a special type coach to make it (for the long term) at Bama. I hate even bringing this up but when Saban hangs up the clipboard and straw hat, we very well may go through several coaches before we find the one who is wired to cut it in Tuscaloosa. Right now we've got one and are enjoying some of the golden years of Alabama football. I'm soaking it up too. :)

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Curry - Quitter
Stallings - Retired
Dubose - Fired
Franchione - Quitter
Shula - Fired
Saban - STILL DOMINATING
Bill Curry might take exception to the way you have his departure classified.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

I think they officially "resigned" or my personal favorite "agreed to terms"
I would have loved to have read Bowden's book. Auburn bought the publishing rights and decided not to release it.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Bill Curry might take exception to the way you have his departure classified.
Yeah, so how should his departure be otherwise classified?:

• Curry - Turned into a "brick-a-broken" man by 'Bama fans
  • Curry - Went mental (fantasizing over UK as a sleeping giant of SEC football - fast asleep since the Bear was there)
  • Curry - Paranoided, er, parachuted out of Tuscaloosa with good reason
  • Curry - Left after having a vision that humbly mucking out racehorse stalls in Lexington, along with his sanctimonious mien, might get him canonized as the first saint who was a college football coach.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

They can't hang with T Boone $$$$ if he wants Gundy to stay
Not that I think he'd go to the Barn but T Boone has publicly expressed dissatisfaction with Gundy's inability to beat OU. I'm not sure Gundy is that secure at OSU.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Not that I think he'd go to the Barn but T Boone has publicly expressed dissatisfaction with Gundy's inability to beat OU. I'm not sure Gundy is that secure at OSU.
Oky State was never a powerhouse growing up. Miles and Gundy both are/did good jobs. I don't see Gundy moving to Auburn. And what a call to lose a game a couple of weeks ago.....total incompetence on the refs to not know rules that many fans do.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Rod and Stan

I also put this on the "Trouble on the Plains" thread. I haven't listened to the AU network this year, except for a little during the Arkansas State game. So I was wondering if there were any meltdowns in the Clemson or TAMU games. You know, did Rod and Stan infer that the tigers were "jilted" by the refs on any penalties that went against them? In the Arkansas State game, as you can imagine, any good play by AU was portrayed as the greatest play in the history of college football...as always. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Me, too.

Why is that in blue?
Because they got much more.........his soul!

Wonder if Brother Bill was on the Payroll for a while? I think so.

Last edited:

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama

I haven't listened to the AU network this year, except for a little during the Arkansas State game. So I was wondering if there were any meltdowns in the Clemson or TAMU games. You know, did Rod and Stan infer that the tigers were "jilted" by the refs on any penalties that went against them? In the Arkansas State game, as you can imagine, any good play by AU was portrayed as the greatest play in the history of college football...as always. :rolleyes:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Re: Rod and Stan

I also put this on the "Trouble on the Plains" thread. I haven't listened to the AU network this year, except for a little during the Arkansas State game. So I was wondering if there were any meltdowns in the Clemson or TAMU games. You know, did Rod and Stan infer that the tigers were "jilted" by the refs on any penalties that went against them? In the Arkansas State game, as you can imagine, any good play by AU was portrayed as the greatest play in the history of college football...as always. :rolleyes:
I hate listening to them, but it's comical when they lose. On my way back from Oxford last week, we turned it on at the last play of the game and both of them were saying stuff like aTm was lucky that auburn has offensive problems, the defense is a top 5 in the country, and Bama should watch their back because of this defense. Basically taking moral victories through the defense.

Last edited:

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Re: Rod and Stan

I hate listening to them, but it's comical when they lose. On my way back from Oxford last week, we turned it on at the last play of the game and both of them were saying stuff like aTm was lucky that auburn has offensive problems, the defense is a top 5 in the country, and Bama should watch their back because of this defense. Basically taking moral victories
That's exactly what I would expect them to say. Funny! I will say this...the aubies won't be a pushover for Alabama. If we don't take them seriously, they can do some damage or embarrass us like they did in 2013.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Yeah, so how should his departure be otherwise classified?:

• Curry - Turned into a "brick-a-broken" man by 'Bama fans
  • Curry - Went mental (fantasizing over UK as a sleeping giant of SEC football - fast asleep since the Bear was there)
  • Curry - Paranoided, er, parachuted out of Tuscaloosa with good reason
  • Curry - Left after having a vision that humbly mucking out racehorse stalls in Lexington, along with his sanctimonious mien, might get him canonized as the first saint who was a college football coach.
You won't be getting the Curry Family Christmas card this year, buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.