Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

It would certainly be a different game, higher scoring; but I believe a similar outcome. I mean; the vaunted Auburn D just gave up 570yds (465 passing) to Ole Miss.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

It would certainly be a different game, higher scoring; but I believe a similar outcome. I mean; the vaunted Auburn D just gave up 570yds (465 passing) to Ole Miss.
An Air Raid attack run that perfectly is dang near impossible to defend. Did a good job neutralizing our front seven with three step drops and Kelly and his receivers were money all night. Best you can hope to do in that scenario is weather the storm and make them pay hard for any mistakes.

Glad we got that game behind us.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Yah but that is the same logic that Ed Orgeron is using to assert that Alabama's defense isn't that good. Kelly makes everybody's secondary look silly.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I would love another crack at them. Better playcalling, no three-headed Franken-QB and a running game that has hit its stride.
Curious why you feel the results would be different. A lot of the Pettway yards have come against some of the worse rush defenses in CFB - Arkansas, Ole Miss and Miss State. Pettway had 17 rushes for 61 yards (3.6 average) against the only defense he's played with a pulse which was LSU..

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

I would love another crack at them. Better playcalling, no three-headed Franken-QB and a running game that has hit its stride.
Don't worry you'll get another crack at Clemson...in 2017. I sure wish Alabama could of had another crack at AU after they beat Michigan State 49-7 in the 2011 Capital One Bowl. Also I'm sure LSU would want another crack at y'all as well.

Last edited:

Exactly. I guess we will call it even with ole barnie!
Don't worry you'll get another crack at Clemson...in 2017. I sure wish Alabama could of had another crack at AU after they beat Michigan State 49-7 in the 2011 Capital One Bowl. Also I'm sure LSU would want another crack at y'all as well.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Curious why you feel the results would be different. A lot of the Pettway yards have come against some of the worse rush defenses in CFB - Arkansas, Ole Miss and Miss State. Pettway had 17 rushes for 61 yards (3.6 average) against the only defense he's played with a pulse which was LSU..
It really can not be stated enough just how much the three headed monster at QB hurt us against Clemson and aTm.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Terry Henley drinking too early again; he just stated if the barn played Clemson again they would win by 20.
Talk about DELUSIONSAL???
The way Auburn and Clemson are playing right now, I'd not be at all surprised if the barn beat Clemson in a rematch.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

I think we will be OK against the barn this year - as long as we can

"Stop that inside trap"

---------
Joe Kines

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

All he needs now is a Jack Russell terrier and a mask.:wink:

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I think Cam was suffering from a concussion when he picked out that outfit.

In a rematch I would take the barn without the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.