Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

Your thought process sounds spot on to me based on my personal observations. Can you share with us why you have reason to believe....? Is it something other than personal observation?
Personal observation as well

And, enhanced by discussions with a few who should know

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina

They will just raise the minimum wage on the football team and the whole barn team will start flashing wads of hundreds on insta-snap-tweet-o-gram and everyone will be fambly again.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.

yeah, i didn't get to see any of lsu's game this past weekend so i have no idea what they bring to the table.

i remember we beat the living crap out of ole miss in 2000. i think the barners may have a similar season this year :)
Against Miss. St.
Passing - 9/14 - 71 yards 0 tds (they hurtin' at QB)
Rushing - 47/266 yards 3 tds

On defense they held Miss. St. to 43 yards on 26 carries, but they gave up 335 yards to Prescott with no picks.

In a nutshell..... run heavy and solid defense.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Against Miss. St.
Passing - 9/14 - 71 yards 0 tds (they hurtin' at QB)
Rushing - 47/266 yards 3 tds

On defense they held Miss. St. to 43 yards on 26 carries, but they gave up 335 yards to Prescott with no picks.

In a nutshell..... run heavy and solid defense.
thanks. sounds like typical lsu. still no qb or offense.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Meh, I think this is a wishful thinking thread. Truth is that the Barnies ran into a Jacksonville State Team with a chip on its shoulder and they came out flat last weekend. They will rebound against the corndogs. I look for them to take LSU down actually.
With the exception of a few on here; I have seen more auburn teams look crappy and yet miraculously rise from the ashes and beat us. Don't count on them self destructing just yet.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Lester is liable to give the ball to LF 50 times on Saturday. I'm unsure the API defense can stop him even if they know he's coming. I agree they could come back strong, but when the Fambly falls apart, they eat their young. Gus is at a very tenuous spot. They need to look good Saturday.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

for what looks like a QB that hasn't gotten it together just quite yet, in an offense that really relies on the QB, walking into Death Valley could spell trouble. He may just double that INT number this weekend.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

With the exception of a few on here; I have seen more auburn teams look crappy and yet miraculously rise from the ashes and beat us. Don't count on them self destructing just yet.
As have I. I'm not one to believe the Barn doesn't have talent. I believe the starting lineups are probably about as good as most SEC teams. Problem that Auburn faces is depth. Once you get pass the starters, the talent drops considerably. If you look at the JSU game, there were a number banged up from the Louisville game. Combine that with being flat, they were prime for the upset.

Duke Williams and now Javon Robinson? All a part of the Auburn dysfunctional fambly. Interesting to me that Robinson was the kid out of Memphis whose transcripts got "miraculously" changed in order to get into Auburn originally and was declared ineligible. He was recruited at the time by the dynamic duo of Troopie-Loopie. Wonder if he came back to Auburn with an entitlement "you owe me attitude"? Just thinking out loud here..

I fully expect the Barn to play well against LSU, but then I expect LSU to handle them pretty easy. But you still have the Les Miles factor to figure in.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

for what looks like a QB that hasn't gotten it together just quite yet, in an offense that really relies on the QB, walking into Death Valley could spell trouble. He may just double that INT number this weekend.
T'would be funny, no? :cool2:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Lester is liable to give the ball to LF 50 times on Saturday. I'm unsure the API defense can stop him even if they know he's coming. I agree they could come back strong, but when the Fambly falls apart, they eat their young. Gus is at a very tenuous spot. They need to look good Saturday.
Check out the twitter account of Rob Pate. He is already raising cane and he supposedly supports the program. https://twitter.com/robpate?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Pretty obvious there are problems down there, even their own fans recognize that. But the season is just beginning and I would not write them off just yet. Even if they lose every game from now to the iron bowl, they will likely give us all we can handle in JHS like they do most of the time when we play them there. Also, it's worth noting that we have only beaten them two times in a row twice since 2000.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Gus needs a qb who can:

1. run
2. throw
3. run zone read to make the defense pause to see if the qb is going to run, hand off or pass

JJ doesn't fit the mold...ironically Nick Marshall was a master with the zone read...so good his "average" passing skills were good enough because his receivers were often "wide open."

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

dig it, a classic example of a team that does not play to a standard - one which Coach constantly harps on at the Capstone.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Pretty obvious there are problems down there, even their own fans recognize that. But the season is just beginning and I would not write them off just yet. Even if they lose every game from now to the iron bowl, they will likely give us all we can handle in JHS like they do most of the time when we play them there. Also, it's worth noting that we have only beaten them two times in a row twice since 2000.
Also worth noting that through 2007 Bama was crippled by sanctions. Also worth noting that those 2 times were since 2008. In fact Bama has won 5 of 7, including 2 of the last 3 in J-H. Bama has a winning record at J-H after 2007 with the lone AU win a fluke. Worthy of note is that Bama would have a 7 game win streak but for 2 flukes. Bama humiliated AU and Malzahn in JH in 2011, scoring 42, and shutting out Malzahn's offense.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

It's rare. Only one bad AU team has beaten Bama - 1949. The upset in 1972 was from an 11-1 AU team. The last 2 AU "flukes" played for a NC. There have been few BIG upsets in this series, contrary to conventional wisdom. I just don't remember many "crappy" AU teams beating Bama.

I think the last 2 AU flukes have discombobulated a few Bama fans. Bama would be on a 7 game streak otherwise.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

Gus needs a qb who can:

1. run
2. throw
3. run zone read to make the defense pause to see if the qb is going to run, hand off or pass

JJ doesn't fit the mold...ironically Nick Marshall was a master with the zone read...so good his "average" passing skills were good enough because his receivers were often "wide open."

Nick benefited too from his linemen blocking downfield...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.