Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains"

LSU is overrated. Everybody looks good when there's no tape on you. MSU had nothing to go on...and but for a boneheaded penalty that took them out of FG range, they would have beaten LSU. I got AU winning this game by 2 TDs
Did seem like LSU did well early in the game, but State was able to adjust after realizing what LSU wanted to do on both sides of the ball.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

I feel that LSU with either win big, or it'll be a low-scoring, drawn out game that either one could win. I remember an ugly AU-LSU game in Auburn a few years ago, I think LSU won 13-10 or something like that. Auburn probably should've won the game that year, but something always happened to trip them up to get something going.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Edit again: sounds like Carl Lawson may not play. He makes the entire defensive line better. Give me LSU by 7

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

LSU is overrated. Everybody looks good when there's no tape on you. MSU had nothing to go on...and but for a boneheaded penalty that took them out of FG range, they would have beaten LSU. Edit: that's assuming that their place kicker is better than ours.

I got AU winning this game by 2 TDs
I agree somewhere in the 10-14 poînt range.

BubbaOne

Scout Team
Jun 27, 2007
Tucker, GA

Be honest Auburn is hands down the luckiest team in College Football.

Watched LSU vs MSU but for a mistake LSU would have lost. About as impressive as Auburn to date.

Auburn has not won in Baton Rouge since 1999. Johnson and Malzahn have heard all the doomsday they can stand.

One of two things happen; Auburn explodes runs LSU out of its own stadium or two overrated teams struggle
then who is luckier Auburn or LSU.

I only worry about my Bama team and could care less about either team

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

Be honest Auburn is hands down the luckiest team in College Football.

Watched LSU vs MSU but for a mistake LSU would have lost. About as impressive as Auburn to date.

Auburn has not won in Baton Rouge since 1999. Johnson and Malzahn have heard all the doomsday they can stand.

One of two things happen; Auburn explodes runs LSU out of its own stadium or two overrated teams struggle
then who is luckier Auburn or LSU.

I only worry about my Bama team and could care less about either team
heaven forbid we lose and the barn wins...it will be mass suicide on this board.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Edit again: sounds like Carl Lawson may not play. He makes the entire defensive line better. Give me LSU by 7
I know his status was in doubt, but I haven't seen anything definite. They can't afford to not have him tomorrow.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I know his status was in doubt, but I haven't seen anything definite. They can't afford to not have him tomorrow.
About an hour ago CapstoneKid tweeted he's done til November with a fracture in the trachanter bone of the hip.

Someone asked him to verify and he said a reliable Barner friend had told him. TIFWIW.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Auburn friend just told me Lawson was not seen boarding the team buses. Not good news at all for Auburn.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

LSU is not the kind of team to play when you are all banged up like au. Could get ugly if they don't slow LSU's run game.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

About an hour ago CapstoneKid tweeted he's done til November with a fracture in the trachanter bone of the hip.

Someone asked him to verify and he said a reliable Barner friend had told him. TIFWIW.
According to my brother who does x-ray/CT/MRI, that is the area that the muscles attach to.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Is that same, similar or close to what happened to Bo Jackson?
Not really. When Bo dislocated his hip, he damaged many of the vessels that supply blood flow to the hip joint itself. It is a condition called avascular necrosis. Literally the bone in his hip and femoral head began to died due to lack of blood flow.

The trochanter on the hip (actually there are two, greater and lesser trochanters) serve as areas where the large muscles attach to the hip. It sound like Lawson may have broken off part of the outer bone on the hip. If it is a non displaced fracture, it is possible he could be back in 6-8 weeks. I just depends on how severe it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.