Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
Re: Right on cue. Auburn fans no longer interested in CFB.

Back when the barners had their big run against us (remember the silly "fear the thumb"), I NEVER lost interest. It is SO sad when you are so wrapped up in your rival that you just lose interest when they are dominant. And they wonder why everyone says they have the Little Brother Syndrome.
They care more about hating Bama than loving auburn.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

Love this one -

"It feels like "the process" has turned college football into a one-team show."

Poor barnies taking their ball and going home. They are the National Champions of Fit Throwing

DonnaWendling

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 10, 2012

Haters are going to hate. Especially since they aren't us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

Boo Hoo. When they run out of the tunnel next year, they will see D Watson standing there licking his chops with a smile on his face.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

you know the barners go into depression mode every time Bama wins a NC. you would think by now they would get use to it!!

the hogwash about more important things in Life than football is the same old tired and lame excuse they used to believe they are above it all. the truth is they are not Bama and hate the fact that their master is wining it all almost every year.

you mean to tell me if auburn was having the same success as Alabama in the last decade, they wouldn't be jumping for joy and celebrating their team and university's accomplishments??

news flash barners: you hate CFB because Alabama is on top and your beloved auburn is still the same mid tier SEC team that you always have been since your entire existence!!! the sooner you accept it , the sooner you can get back to reality and enjoy Life as well as the simple pleasures of watching football...

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I've said it before... many Auburn fans would gladly have Auburn commit murder-suicide with Alabama if they could. They hate Alabama more than they love Auburn, and it has soured them as a fanbase. Personally, Alabama's success is just so much more important to me than anything Auburn is up to. I'd be fine if Alabama never played them again, they are just an obstacle, no more, no less.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

So they weren't interested when they stormed the field like prisoners rioting after the Kick Six?

This proves what I've long suspected: Auburn fans given a choice prefer that we lose rather than they win.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I've said it before... many Auburn fans would gladly have Auburn commit murder-suicide with Alabama if they could. They hate Alabama more than they love Auburn, and it has soured them as a fanbase. Personally, Alabama's success is just so much more important to me than anything Auburn is up to. I'd be fine if Alabama never played them again, they are just an obstacle, no more, no less.

true and true!

tmv85

All-SEC

A family member posted this on Facebook: "winning less makes you enjoy the wins more."

Mmmmmkay. if you say so. I remember when we won a lot less, and while I did enjoy the wins we got during those dark years, I sure do enjoy winning on a weekly basis a whole heck of a lot more.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I've seen everything under the sun today. Now they don't care about CFB, the REC controls the NCAA, AHSAA, SEC Head Ref AND Mark Emmert. I kid you not.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

I know there seemed to be a lot of Auburn players on twitter during the game last night. If I remember correctly, Derrick Henry was working out during the Championship Game last year. Might want to take note of that.
There were even some bulletin board worthy tweets from AU players....

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

Maybe they watch tv on their brand new scoreboard when they go to the games in the future since they don't care for it anymore. That's if they still go if the Gus Bus dropped to 3-9 next year. :smile:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

It's been said here before - if not for two plays, the national perception of Auburn would be much different than it is.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

We sure could have done without that Bham Bowl matchup, speaking of diluted.
Check out this gem:

"Traditional rivalries have been destroyed, the bowl season, which has become an annual snore, is way too spread out and also diluted"

Spread out AND diluted? You don't say...

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

A family member posted this on Facebook: "winning less makes you enjoy the wins more."

Mmmmmkay. if you say so. I remember when we won a lot less, and while I did enjoy the wins we got during those dark years, I sure do enjoy winning on a weekly basis a whole heck of a lot more.
I don't know if I should laugh or feel pity for that logic. pathetic.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I remember in 2010 when they had their moment in the sun, I watched their game. I wasn't happy about them winning it all, but it didn't make me not enjoy college football anymore. If we are ruining it for them, then hire you a coach who can out coach CNS and out recruit CNS.
Coach Saban wins because there's no one that out works him in anything he does.If you want us gone then make your team better, don't whine and cry because it's not fun anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.