Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Re: Right on cue. Auburn fans no longer interested in CFB.

Their team didn't seem that interested this year, either.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Well, I'm a Christian capable of showing compassion (not that A=B for what it's worth)........but y'all need to think about this one here. Imagine it for a moment.

Alabama has won not one........not two........but THREE national championships since their golden season of 2010. They didn't even get to enjoy it given that the Cam allegations broke in November; they spent the entire next two months on the defensive, all the while trying to pretend they don't care about national championships and deep down wanting to wear the shirts and chant 'we're number one.'

Can you imagine what that's like for some people in a state like Alabama, where everyone knows about football and is at least a passive fan? Three national titles makes your success look like it must have happened a century ago, particularly when you consider they've won TWO in their history (and I'll even play along and start with the 1961 title just for the sake of it).

The same fans saying today it's no fun would be talking about how they loved it if Clemson had won.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

This comment made me laugh:

I'm a big NFL fan too, so I've still got the playoffs and Super Bowl to carry me into February. I've also got NSD to look forward to (most of the time). Then there's a lull for about a month until Spring Camp starts up. After A-Day in early April, and then the NFL Draft, I get really bummed because summer is when our guys usually get arrested and kicked off the team.
and

When is someone going to come after UA football and strip them of titles? They're worse than SMU and nobody does anything about it! I'm sick of it.
and

I've been saying for several years that updyke academy would destroy college football. Not by what they do on the field but that is a direct result of what they do behind closed doors.
It will be interesting to see what happens when the losses start to come. They are a fragile bunch

Last edited:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

UAT, bammers, Updykes, Tuscaloser... Oh man, that's comedic gold.

Hahahahahahaha

It's really only uat I hate. And not just football, I hate it all. I hate their BOT. I hate their basketball team. I hate their softball team. I hate their adjunct faculty. I hate their part-time students. I hate their flag corps. I hate their intra-mural bowling tournament participants. I hate all of it. I don't wish any injury or illness on any of them, just loads and loads of personal and professional failures.
They take it that personal? C'mon, after football there is life Auburn fans. I just don't understand that silly fanbase. AubDub notwithstandling...

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

UAT, bammers, Updykes, Tuscaloser... Oh man, that's comedic gold.

Hahahahahahaha
Yeah they love coining us those names , it makes them feel so much more superior to us.
My favorite anti Bama sentiments is when they believe most Alabama fans are sidewalk or bandwagon fans that didn't attend UA. Our fans are not genuine and only root for UA when they are winning while their "fans" are true auburn supporters since most attended their beloved and sacred university of higher education. They bring it up in almost every thread or post when their team is having a down year and Bama is having success , it's an automatic self defense mechanism or comfort blanket to soothe their sensitive soul. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Fortunately for them, the way they play, they will never have to worry about sidewalk or bandwagon Awbarn fans.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

That hard fought win in The Birmingham Bowl didn't lift their spirits any, it appears.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

That thread is a example of internal coping mechanisms. It's full of people ranting that football is just not that important after all. If I saw a thread like during the bad days, I would have spoken up on the stupidity and probably gotten run off the board. So transparently obvious that it's comical.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Seems that they still love Auburn football, just not interested in the rest.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Seems that they still love Auburn football, just not interested in the rest.
That is a coping mechanism, pull in the small circle of love and to heck with the rest, but its transparent why they want to be in a vacuum. Would you see this thread if they had gone 14-0? Not to belittle them, but the mindset is transparent.

I remember during our probation a few threads that pondered leaving the NCAA and the SEC, it's frustration and a way to cope. As we all know to well, the pendulum can swing the other way mighty fast. Always remember that and enjoy today.

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Perfectly describes my barn uncle who is an engineer in Atlanta. Barn fans are the biggest fair weather fans on the planet. He always professes that he has no real interest in college football, but whenever they win the iron bowl guess who is the first person to call me and let me hear about it?

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

Back when the barners had their big run against us (remember the silly "fear the thumb"), I NEVER lost interest. It is SO sad when you are so wrapped up in your rival that you just lose interest when they are dominant. And they wonder why everyone says they have the Little Brother Syndrome.
They care more about hating Bama than loving auburn.
We were a laughing stock and the joke of college football back then . Now who is laughing............

rtr1964

Oct 3, 2012
Aubie concedes resistance is futile

This is too funny not to share.

"Help me out, folks...I'm the only one promoting this. We don't need Saban at Alabama. We've had enough already. We will never beat him back; at best we can only hope to break even with him."

Here's the link for the rest of the insanity.
http://www.scout.com/college/auburn/forums/1010-football-forum/14464683-nicky-to-big-apple-rumors-persist

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009

Yeah they love coining us those names , it makes them feel so much more superior to us.
My favorite anti Bama sentiments is when they believe most Alabama fans are sidewalk or bandwagon fans that didn't attend UA. Our fans are not genuine and only root for UA when they are winning while their "fans" are true auburn supporters since most attended their beloved and sacred university of higher education. They bring it up in almost every thread or post when their team is having a down year and Bama is having success , it's an automatic self defense mechanism or comfort blanket to soothe their sensitive soul. :biggrin:
Yeah, a few weeks ago I got the old "I wear my Auburn Jersey because I went to Auburn, Alabama fans wear theirs because they went to Wal Mart" routine. I said, "No I didn't go to Alabama. I'll stop wearing my 'Bama jersey when Auburn folks stop letting their kids wear Auburn gear. They didn't attend Auburn, right?" Funny, nobody said anything after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.